Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Any Wiltshire folk ?  (Read 1290 times)

Fowlman

• Joined Apr 2012
  • Wiltshire
Any Wiltshire folk ?
« on: February 25, 2014, 09:44:14 pm »
Just wondered if there are any wiltshire folk near me that can help, i'm in Avebury and rent a small piece of land which is great for my small flock of shetland sheep and my laying flock but it's not really big enough to rotate my pigs enough all year. So was wondering if anyone had any pieces of land not being used they were willing to rent. If you're in my area you know how hard it is to find small plots of land to rent as it's mostly large arable farms. Anything considered and even willing to share if it helps with costs.

Thanks Nick
Tucked away on the downs in wiltshire.

HesterF

• Joined Jul 2012
  • Kent
  • HesterF
Re: Any Wiltshire folk ?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2014, 10:33:54 pm »
Sadly no use on land personally but my parents live in Marlborough and my brother has a house in Winterbourne Monkton (although he lives in Canada) so I'll mention it to them to see if they have any leads. Also got friends still in the area but none that have land - no longer in touch with the farming families from school.

Who grazes the area around the stones? Would it be possible to graze your sheep there so you could use your own land for the pigs?

Fowlman

• Joined Apr 2012
  • Wiltshire
Re: Any Wiltshire folk ?
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2014, 10:50:50 pm »
Thanks for the reply, sheep that graze around the stones are owned by a chap in swindon i believe. I have asked NT as they own a lot of land around here and they have put me on a list but not holding out much hope there but you never know. The land i presently rent the owners are not keen on me putting more pigs on there and as i pay peanuts for it i dont want to upset the apple cart so to speak.
Tucked away on the downs in wiltshire.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS