Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Where did the weekend go!!!!  (Read 1850 times)

Kitchen Cottage

• Joined Oct 2012
Where did the weekend go!!!!
« on: September 22, 2013, 07:37:58 pm »
Between cleaning animals, picking things up, meeting people here, tidying up (very roughly) and exercising my horse.... the weekend has disappeared :(  I have the week from hell at work coming up and am only just cooking food for my neighbour now (elderly and needs a little help sometime.... my sole relaxation time was an hour of GBBO.... Bluddy hell. sometimes it feels one step forward and two back.... and I read other peoples posts and I feel too incompetent to own animals :(

bloomer

• Joined Aug 2010
  • leslie, fife
  • i have chickens, sheep and opinions!!!
Re: Where did the weekend go!!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2013, 07:42:43 pm »
well yesterday i built a patio for a client and today after church i have made the kit for the new chook house and creosoted all the bits...

my week ahead looks kind of chaotic as well,

wonder if anyone will talk to me though as i stink of creosote now...

AndynJ

• Joined Sep 2010
  • uk
  • Says it as it is. don't like it don't look
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2013, 08:18:58 pm »
Well today I built a new chicken coop 5 foot by 5 foot, 15 feet of perch and 4 feet on nest boxes best one I've ever made, this one is for 2014's non breeding legbars
oh and we tried the new press out tonight so did 2 lots of apples 4 litres of juice
Picked the plums
So come on pull your finger out  :roflanim:

Kitchen Cottage

• Joined Oct 2012
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2013, 08:31:49 pm »
I picked some damsons.... but done nothing with them.

Just made some sorpotel.... which won't be ready til Wednesday!

Going to have a coffee, tidy the kitchen and make some vegetable curry!

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2013, 08:51:05 pm »
Since having the pups I spend most of the day in dog related duties, this weekend the new families came for a last visit before they take them,. then I shall be packing and clearing for our new place, this weekend has gone too fast and I smell strongly of jeyes fluid bloomer so we match

Brucklay

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Perthshire
    • Brucklay Pygmy Goats
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2013, 08:55:08 pm »
Pleased to report got half the ewe's "pallet" city erected to 2013 design - they seem to approve so far. Will skive tomorrow if weather is good and get on with it as I know these good weather days are going to run out.

Please note I work for myself so no employer will be hard done by.
Pygmy Goats, Shetland Sheep, Zip & Indie the Border Collies, BeeBee the cat and a wreak of a building to renovate!!

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2013, 10:19:46 pm »
I spent yesterday at my spinning group then this afternoon made plum jam with the fruit donated by someone who had a load of goat manure from me earlier this year.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS