Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Caledonian Mart Hebridean sale and Rare breed sale Saturday 21st September  (Read 3417 times)

Big Light

• Joined Aug 2011
    • Facebook
Just got the Flyer through for the above sale
as follows:
Sale of 350 Rare and minority Breeds Incorporating Hebridean society show and sale of 156 Hebridean Sheep

http://www.caledonian-marts.com/uploads/Hebridean%20Catalouge%20-%2021%20Sept%202013.pdf

no catalogue for the rare breed section yet but includes 51 Jacobs, 56 Shetlands 11 unregistered hebrideans, Black Welsh Mountain, Ryeland, Dorset, Brearay ( assume it is boreray), north ronaldsay, etc  Also sale of 20 Dexter cattle - 10 dexter cows with calves at foot or in calf 1 pedigree bull, unregisterd heifers and bullocks

Looks like a good sale

I assume the other catalogue will be on their website soon

Also a bring and buy poultry sale
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 05:31:49 pm by Big Light »

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
Re: Caledonian Mart Hebridean sale and Rare breed sale Saturday 21st September
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2013, 06:31:32 pm »
We will pop up even though we're neither buying nor selling - just nosy  ;D
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

Big Light

• Joined Aug 2011
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2013, 09:03:52 am »
Hebridean Show tonight (fri) at 6pm onward - good to get an idea of whats good if your not sure
Sale starts at 10.30 am tomorrow(sat)

Big Light

• Joined Aug 2011
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2013, 11:02:24 pm »
Good show tonight lots of top quality sheep got a couple of tickets in the show   - worth a visit tommorrow

bigchicken

• Joined Nov 2008
  • Fife Scotland
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2013, 04:07:02 pm »
I went along for a nosey the hebs looked good some of the rams were spectacular with there great black curly horns. A good size sale of Jacobs and  Shetlands, I was very tempted by some Portland's but managed to keep my hands in my pockets. I have always liked dexter cattle and there was a few for sale some cows with calf at foot and been AId or run with the bull went for no money because the cows were very thin once again very tempted to take them home and get them right. Met a few TAS ers and had a good blether lovely people, all in all a good wee jaunt. Bring on next week. Scottish Smallholder & Growers Festival at Lanark.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 04:10:27 pm by bigchicken »
Shetland sheep, Castlemilk Moorits sheep, Hebridean sheep, Scots Grey Bantams, Scots Dumpy Bantams. Shetland Ducks.

Big Light

• Joined Aug 2011
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2013, 05:53:07 pm »
Good sale in general with a few ups and downs as usual  - female prices were a little back but top price Heb gimmer was 112 Guineas and top ewe lamb was 72, 7 shearlings over 200 guineas with a top price of 315 guineas - Best tup lamb was £70
Good crack as usual

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS