Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Zwartbles  (Read 9020 times)

Miss_Clare

• Joined Sep 2013
  • Devon, Newton Abbot
  • -SHEPHERDESS-
Zwartbles
« on: September 09, 2013, 03:34:44 pm »
Anyone else own Zwartbles ?

Here's my most beautiful ewe :)

Victorian Farmer

Re: Zwartbles
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2013, 04:37:44 pm »
very nice would like some

Blinkers

• Joined Jan 2008
  • Carmarthenshire
  • Carmarthenshire/Pembrokeshire border
    • Glyn Elwyn - Faithmead Herd
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2013, 05:46:14 pm »
Hiya - yep, I've got 6 pure bred and 4 xbred  :thumbsup:
Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again !!
www.glynelwyn.co.uk

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2013, 07:04:21 pm »
I've a relative works with the ones who pull a cart for the Chariots of Fire display team.  Big soppy lumps they are too.   :love: :sheep:  She gives me their fleeces each year  :spin: :knit:

Your girl looks like a very fine specimen  :thumbsup:
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Daisys Mum

• Joined May 2009
  • Scottish Borders
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2013, 07:36:06 pm »
Got 2 at the moment with another 3 and a Ram on order, then hopefully when OH isn't looking I will get a few more.
Anne

mowhaugh

• Joined Jul 2013
  • Scottish Borders
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2013, 07:55:37 pm »
Just one!  I had a small flock, but found I had to give them an awful lot of feeding for them to do well on our hillside, so they were costing more to keep than they were making.  I loved them though, and sold the flock as a whole to a delighted 7 year old girl!  I kept my tup, Conistone Sebastion, who is a fantastic lad, who is getting revved up for getting his wives at the end of the month.

Miss_Clare

• Joined Sep 2013
  • Devon, Newton Abbot
  • -SHEPHERDESS-
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2013, 07:59:10 pm »
Wow Sally that sounds great, I wouldn't mind seeing that!

They definitely have the best temperament, I'm loving every minute of owning this breed and cant wait for them to be put to ram :) Exciting stuff!

Luckily for me mowhaugh I get my feed on the cheap from a friend at £10 for 5 bags, I do quite well.

Just been up to feed them and Dora... My most fiery ewe has attacked my dog, he is ok but never known a sheep like it she will chase him around the field and leave the other sheep behind, luckily for her my dog wouldn't hurt a fly lol!

mart2671

• Joined Sep 2012
  • South Devon
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2013, 11:21:20 pm »
Hi yes keep the Huish Flock Of Pedigree Zwartbles in South Devon . Have 14 Ewes and 12 Ewe Lambs and a Ram Lamb . Different lines Beech Hay ,  Berrington,  Harle, Pen Lyn , Holmlea . Hope to soon have a Dunsmore ewe too :-) .

Miss_Clare

• Joined Sep 2013
  • Devon, Newton Abbot
  • -SHEPHERDESS-
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2013, 10:58:39 am »
Hi yes keep the Huish Flock Of Pedigree Zwartbles in South Devon . Have 14 Ewes and 12 Ewe Lambs and a Ram Lamb . Different lines Beech Hay ,  Berrington,  Harle, Pen Lyn , Holmlea . Hope to soon have a Dunsmore ewe too :-) .

Where in south devon are you ? I'm in between Newton and Shaldon, little place called Haccombe

Blacksheep

• Joined May 2008
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2013, 08:40:37 pm »
We have the Redgate Flock, some 50 breeding ewes, trying to cut down a bit but they are very addictive!! We have some lovely ewe lambs for sale at the moment...

allyb

• Joined Sep 2011
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2013, 10:45:58 pm »
We have Greystone flock and have 20 breeding ewes at minute. Can vouch for blacksheeps sheep. It was  lovely to meet you in Worcester Alice and your lamb arrived back home safely.

mart2671

• Joined Sep 2012
  • South Devon
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2013, 11:27:26 pm »
Hi iam near South Brent

mowhaugh

• Joined Jul 2013
  • Scottish Borders
    • Facebook
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2013, 09:59:12 am »
We have the Redgate Flock, some 50 breeding ewes, trying to cut down a bit but they are very addictive!! We have some lovely ewe lambs for sale at the moment...

Ooh, I 'like' you on Facebook!

Daisys Mum

• Joined May 2009
  • Scottish Borders
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2013, 07:12:39 pm »
Just picked up 3 ewes yesterday but oops didn't ask what line they were but as they are registered when I get the paperwork all should become clear.
Going back next week to pick a Ram.
Anne

Blacksheep

• Joined May 2008
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2013, 08:14:51 pm »
We have Greystone flock and have 20 breeding ewes at minute. Can vouch for blacksheeps sheep. It was  lovely to meet you in Worcester Alice and your lamb arrived back home safely.
Good to meet you to Ally  :) and to have a Scottish contingent at Worcester sale!  Thank you for traveling the 2 lambs that went to Scottish buyers. I hear they are now happily settled in their new homes.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS