Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Is this a good idea ?  (Read 1549 times)

Bert

• Joined Jan 2012
  • Isle of Mull
Is this a good idea ?
« on: August 26, 2013, 07:41:54 am »
This my be a bit stupid and a bit early ( it may not be an original idea at all  :-[ )  , but I have an idea for the powers that be and moderators   :eyelashes: .
How about a pumpkin carving competition  :excited: .
 It would have to be your own work ( no getting your kids to do it , so it looks good. They can enter there own  ;D )
1st prise. You get to eat your pumpkin  :-J  ( I don't know I'm just making stuff up now   :roflanim: )

What do you think ?

HesterF

• Joined Jul 2012
  • Kent
  • HesterF
Re: Is this a good idea ?
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2013, 10:58:55 pm »
We should at least have photos sent in. Very happy with my potential pumpkins in my new pumpkin patch - and lots of ornamental gourds and squashes too. Sadly one of the few plants we killed was the competition pumpkin from school (local garden centre donates plants to all the local schools so all the kids can take one home to compete - and it's a white pumpkin so nobody can cheat and buy one). My son (then six) won the pumpkin carving competition at the local pub last year - not entirely sure why but it was all his own work, and looked it!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS