Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: RIP Jack  (Read 6799 times)

Sudanpan

• Joined Jan 2009
  • West Cornwall
    • Movement is Life
Re: RIP Jack
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2013, 03:36:33 pm »
What a cracking looking boy - remember the lovely eyes and the wagging tail

It's an absolute gut wrencher when you lose your faithful pals

:bouquet:

shygirl

• Joined May 2013
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2013, 04:44:25 pm »
this thread makes me cry. really sorry for you  :bouquet:

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2013, 05:57:59 pm »
So sorry for you  :bouquet:
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

Brandi

• Joined Oct 2012
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2013, 08:03:39 pm »
At times words are hardly enough but wanted you to know that we are thinking about you. What a beautiful beautiful dog and a very fortunate one to have been able to share a happy and kind life with people wholoved him. I heard someone say recently that a dog is the only animal who loves his owner(s) more than he loves himself. Struck a particular chord with me as we've always had collies, take care

philcaegrug

• Joined Jul 2012
  • ammanford
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2013, 09:53:53 pm »
Dogs' lives are much too short. We had westies and sadly both died within a few months of each other at about 12 years old. I told my wife  "that's it I don't want another dog to go through this again". Two days later we were in the dogs home and came back with a lovely collie /cross something as the house seemed empty without a dog to welcome you home. Very sorry for your loss but try to remember all the good times and the love you gave each other. You may think it too soon but there are a lot of dogs needing a good home. You never forget any of them . :hug:

Penninehillbilly

• Joined Sep 2011
  • West Yorks
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2013, 11:47:59 pm »
Thank you so much for all your lovely words, I set myself off again last night, couldn't see by the time i'd finished, sorry to ramble on but I had to let it out, and reading your lovely replies has set me off again. Can't let him see me like this, he's struggled as well.
We have talked about going back for another but somehow this time I just can't, not yet, we have usually had 2 dogs at a time, most middle aged when we got them, so we've seen a few come an go, but none were as special as Jack, and it seems wrong to think we can just go and replace him.
I remember the picture in the hayfield so well, we'd had him about 12 months and he's settled down and looked so relaxed and happy.
I think Colliewoman? says somewhere there is a group who get the 'free to good home' dogs (collies?) off the adverts, maybe when we are ready I'll find out who they are.

colliewobbles

• Joined Mar 2013
  • South Norfolk
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2013, 12:03:52 am »
So sorry to hear you sad story and what a stunning boy he was.  I know the group who save the 'free to good home' collies - just let me know when you are ready and I will put you in touch.

:bouquet:  Donna x

Old Shep

• Joined Feb 2011
  • North Yorkshire
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2013, 12:39:07 pm »
so sorry  :bouquet: :bouquet: :bouquet: .
Jack looks a really lovely dog  :love: :love:

The group Collie woman knows are very good plus there's Freedom of Spirit Trust for border collies in Bingley (not too far from you) (but only when you are ready  :bouquet: :bouquet: )
Helen - (used to be just Shep).  Gordon Setters, Border Collies and chief lambing assistant to BigBennyShep.

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2013, 12:41:37 pm »
One day your next dog will be at one of those centres and will call you.  You will just know when it is time. :hug:
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS