Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Any ideas for a man's anniversary gift  (Read 15984 times)

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
Re: Any ideas for a man's anniversary gift
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2013, 12:54:45 am »
MGWM what about portable headphones so he can listen to music wherever he wants . My dad loves is. There are some lovely quality ones on the net such as Bose

Penninehillbilly

• Joined Sep 2011
  • West Yorks
« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2013, 01:57:47 am »
MGWM what about portable headphones so he can listen to music wherever he wants . My dad loves is. There are some lovely quality ones on the net such as Bose
Do you mean the wire free ones ?
I got some (only cheapies from Aldi) but they are great, I can listen to radio or television while outside, esp if I'm wanting to watch a programme, when I hear it being announced I then go in to watch it, no outside time wasted. I could record them but the video hard drive is full  ::)

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2013, 08:27:50 pm »
There are also steam train holidays.
Love that idea as well, depending on how much you have in the tin under the floor  :-J , it will be the most wonderful experience and you can both enjoy each others company and feel the experience, I would love to go on a nice long train ride, hope to go to Oban but with a packed lunch and flasks! :thumbsup:

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2013, 09:00:36 pm »
He already has wireless headphones, I have his last pair and there are about three more pairs (wired and unwired) under the bed. One of those pairs has never been used.

I think I will have to look at the holiday idea. At least I get as treat as well then. Don't know how much money I will have by then as our daughters have decided that he is having a party. The only thing is - guess who is footing the bill for that?

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2013, 09:06:24 pm »
guess who is footing the bill for that?
:innocent:

I had a lovely present of a meal out in Edinburgh and its was perfect, the memory lives on still......when we can, we want to go on a train trip, but I would love one with a nice meal thrown in!!

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2013, 11:59:21 pm »
I'm always in favour of a nice meal out and her would love a meal on a train. His birthday is 30th October so the only things likely to be happening that week are to do with Halloweedn. Not quite what I had in mind.

colliewobbles

• Joined Mar 2013
  • South Norfolk
« Reply #36 on: August 03, 2013, 08:50:19 am »
special Swiss Army knife

You can have it engraved for not too much more, and I have to say that the saw is excellent - will easily cut through branches 1" thick.

There is a range, not as expensive as the one above - type in 'Wenger hardwoods' into the search box at the top.

Thanks everyone, and especially this suggestion.  I ordered Wednesday afternoon and with special delivery it came Thursday morning, even with engraving.  Gave it to him yesterday and he is very pleased with his new toy.  We had a lovely meal out last night at a gorgeous country restaurant and am off to a household auction this morning with my daughter to bid on a couple of things taking my fancy.

Donna

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #37 on: August 03, 2013, 10:45:45 pm »
That's very impressive, CW. Glad he likes it. My OH has a penknife that I gave him that he takes everywhere with him. Not a Swiss army one as it would be too complicated for him but a blade and a bottle opener/screwdriver.

Thanks for putting this post on. I now have some good ideas for my OH.  :thumbsup:

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #38 on: August 03, 2013, 11:04:25 pm »
I want both things, a swiss lady army knife and a train trip..I asked my husband what he liked and he had no idea, then he came up with "logs"  funnily enough the best present we have ever had is the logging licence, there is a whole forest of logs for us to collect legally and we love it!!

Julestools

• Joined Mar 2013
  • In my shed
« Reply #39 on: August 04, 2013, 11:55:27 pm »
Well..... as a bloke..... I would just like the wife to be nice to me for the day..... Just the one day would do.... But hey

Best get back in my shed

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #40 on: August 05, 2013, 06:53:20 am »
Arhhhhh, never mind, it makes a world of difference when we all are nice to each other :bouquet:

Penninehillbilly

• Joined Sep 2011
  • West Yorks
« Reply #41 on: August 06, 2013, 11:20:35 pm »
Well..... as a bloke..... I would just like the wife to be nice to me for the day..... Just the one day would do.... But hey
That's all My OH gets for his anniversary, mind you, that's all I get as well ;D .

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #42 on: August 07, 2013, 10:21:41 pm »
 :roflanim:

lauren85

• Joined Jul 2014
« Reply #43 on: September 02, 2014, 06:13:19 am »
Giving special anniversary gifts ideas for man is not so difficult to get. There are many anniversary gifts ideas and one you can buy to present your loved husband. I recently had my anniversary on 12 aug and I gifted him our first met photo frame , he was so happy to have this precious old .

Buttermilk

• Joined Jul 2014
« Reply #44 on: September 02, 2014, 08:56:45 am »
Sister treated her hubby to a day working shire horses for his 60th.  He learnt how to harness, put to and even got to drive them harrowing a field.  It also included a cart ride around the farm.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS