Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Darkbrowneggs - giving up all poultry - last lot of Marans for sale chicks £5  (Read 15404 times)

suziequeue

• Joined Feb 2010
  • Llanidloes; Powys
Thankyou Sue for the coffee and look around. The chicks have settled in nicely.

I MUST stop buying chickens!!!!!
We do the best we can with the information we have

When we know better we do better

darkbrowneggs

• Joined Aug 2010
    • The World is My Lobster
I don't know why you are thanking me for the coffee, when you left I found a jar on the kitchen table.  I rushed after you but you were gone.

I will keep it till you come with Paul :eyelashes:
To follow my travel journal see http://www.theworldismylobster.org.uk

For lots of info about Marans and how to breed and look after them see www.darkbrowneggs.info

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Looking froward to a couple of girls, as it looks like our Marans may be all boys.  Off out to try to get still photos of them - they keep flipping moving around  :innocent:

Thank you Sue, and thank you David and the little Bloomers, anticipating that the chicks may be between Ben and  Bekka on the back seat  :roflanim:.

Hope you sell quick, and get a nice Camper, Sue and can visit us up here.  Lots of places and people to show you so you'll need at least a month! :excited: :excited:
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

suziequeue

• Joined Feb 2010
  • Llanidloes; Powys
Sue - you could just go from TASer to TASer staying a few weeks here, a few weeks there in your camper van with Phoebe - dispensing advice and wisdom to all of us in person  ;D

ellied

• Joined Sep 2010
  • Fife
    • Facebook
Thanks, will let Bloomer sort out what works for him and who gets what, but if there are any girls with my name on I'll be delighted.  I have a CL cockerel so not able to cope with boys I'm afraid and if he can hang on til he's sure and they're ready to go out in a run that would be fab.   :excited:

Reading the list it's probably as well I'm so far away and dependent on goodwill for delivery  :D

Anyone seen a good special offer sale price on sheds recently.. ??  :innocent:
Barleyfields Smallholding & Kirkcarrion Highland Ponies
https://www.facebook.com/kirkcarrionhighlands/
Ellie Douglas Therapist
https://www.facebook.com/Ellie-Douglas-Therapist-124792904635278/

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
If David brings them here with mine, I'll take over any for you, Ellie.  I love my veggie lunches - you might even get some quail eggs if you're lucky  :eyelashes:
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
Foe Sue - Darkbrowneggs - piccies for ID
« Reply #51 on: July 28, 2013, 09:21:28 pm »
More to come

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
A couple more

darkbrowneggs

• Joined Aug 2010
    • The World is My Lobster
Sadly they do all look like boys  :(   
To follow my travel journal see http://www.theworldismylobster.org.uk

For lots of info about Marans and how to breed and look after them see www.darkbrowneggs.info

Raine

• Joined May 2011
  • Lincoln
 :wave:
Maybe we can all try to find you places to park up a mobile home, so you can see different city's etc up and down the country?

I have a huge driveway and am only a couple of miles outside Lincoln city centre  ;D   There is also a proper camp site just the other side of Lincoln in Hartsholme Park.

suziequeue

• Joined Feb 2010
  • Llanidloes; Powys
We would be happy to have you and Phoebe to come and stay. There's certainly plenty of room for Phoebe to run around.

Big Light

• Joined Aug 2011
    • Facebook
DBE Sorry to see you are parting with your birds, they are a credit to you( fantastic coulored eggs!), iv'e hopefully managed to sort out some with Bloomer to keep your good work going up here in Scotland. Good luck with whatever life holds for you and enjoy the freedom of not being tied to stock :0).
BL

bloomer

• Joined Aug 2010
  • leslie, fife
  • i have chickens, sheep and opinions!!!
okay sue

we want the 16 young marans

plus all 10 young and the cock to go with them, From various pm's and on here I have homes for them all including setting up some breeding groups in scotland

It will be nice to have helped spread the geographic locations of this stock.

From it all i get 2 Marens for my diddy flock as i really love their egg colour....

See you next week (will work out how to squeeze them all in somehow, have large cat carriers we have used for poultry in the past so will bring those with me)

Victorian Farmer

It would be good to get these hens sorted .So folk can get eggs in the spring the other cuckoo maran breeder is        Mr Mick G Grogan

01847 841242, Caithness. Barnevelder, Marans: cuckoo, wheaten, copper black, copper blue. Cream Legbar, Barred Plymouth Rock, Welsummer, Welsummer silver duckwing         some of the best barnvelder marans and shows at the natshnal . i do bared rock black rock  silver lace roads but this breeder has some outstanding stock http://www.elainefranksartwork.co.uk/Elaine_Franks_Art_Work/Chickens.html                 so we have some think to think about

Rosie posie

• Joined Mar 2012
Sorry to hear your news and I wish you well for the future.

missed this, been away for the weekend. I've had birds/eggs off you in the past and was very happy with them.

Do you have anything left? Just musing how many would make the journey doable :)

Thanks Dogwalker for the nudge :)

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS