Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: you will never hear me moan about the rain again  (Read 5260 times)

gavin davies

• Joined Feb 2013
you will never hear me moan about the rain again
« on: July 16, 2013, 09:08:22 pm »
This weather is starting to kill me now carried 35 litres of water up to the pigs this afternoon in 3 separate containers for drinking and wallow they tipped all the drinking water over again and decided to roll around kn that water so I had to go and get more water and take it back up to them I thought I would never say this but PLEASE RAIN SOON THIS WEATHER IS KILLING ME

Hassle

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Lincolnshire
Re: you will never hear me moan about the rain again
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2013, 09:16:43 pm »
I know how you feel Gavin, I'm so glad I went to the effort of digging that pipe in now  :innocent: it's great just turning the tap on while enjoying the sunshine. :sunshine:

Eve

• Joined Jul 2010
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2013, 09:39:48 pm »
Gavin, are you using an aquaroll?

gavin davies

• Joined Feb 2013
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2013, 10:58:39 pm »
Hi there no I did not know these even existed just ordered 2 off the internet thank you very much

Tamsaddle

• Joined May 2011
  • Hampshire, near Portsmouth
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2013, 09:24:39 am »
Ditto, I am longing for rain too.   Paddocks look like interminable dustbowls at the moment, not a blade of green to be seen.  Tamsaddle  :fc: :fc: :raining:

Daisys Mum

• Joined May 2009
  • Scottish Borders
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2013, 04:15:08 pm »
 :raining: :raining: No no not till I get my hay in.
Anne

hughesy

• Joined Feb 2010
  • Anglesey
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2013, 04:48:48 pm »
I think I prefer the mud to this awful dust. Everywhere's starting to look scorched round here.

HappyHippy

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2013, 06:25:33 pm »
 :o Hang on a minute Hughesy....
It's the SUMMER time  :sunshine: :sunshine: :sunshine: (and the first decent one for what feels like years ! 8))
I'm getting quite used to being able to go and sit in the fields with my pigs once again, put sows and litters out without water wings and rafts and not have to put on wellies and waterproofs every day, please don't wish for rain and mud again, let's just enjoy the wonderful weather (cos it'll be winter again soon enough :-J)
Karen x

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2013, 06:48:54 pm »
I wish it would rain but over night. just enough to get the grass growing. Feeding ponies twice a day as hill paddocks are almost bare and the ones near the stables have all been sprayed for buttercups etc.

bloomer

• Joined Aug 2010
  • leslie, fife
  • i have chickens, sheep and opinions!!!
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2013, 06:58:01 pm »
Am loving this weather, but then i don't have land to get scorched!!!

Tamsaddle

• Joined May 2011
  • Hampshire, near Portsmouth
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2013, 06:58:31 pm »
What would be just lovely would be light, gentle rain from time to time, without downpours, gales or endless mud, and lots of dry, warm, sunny days in between.   I do remember summers like that, way back in the previous century when my children were still young and had school summer holidays.   I wonder if that sort of weather will ever return, or whether there will be extreme conditions forever into the future?  If only the effing jet stream would go back to wherever it used to be up there in the sky, rather than the wrong place where I believe it is now.    Tamsaddle

gavin davies

• Joined Feb 2013
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2013, 07:55:34 pm »
I honestly think those days have totally gone its either heavy rain and gales  boiling hot sunshine or snow nothing in between  as a country we really cant deal with any of them properly

Raine

• Joined May 2011
  • Lincoln
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2013, 07:18:38 am »
 :wave:
When we had our other field for veg, we used one of these wheelbarrow water bags.  Filled it right up, wheeled it to where the veg beds were then poured it into watering cans. 

The bag and non-slip mat cost less than £10.00 and saved many an achy back!

jaykay

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cumbria/N Yorks border
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2013, 07:36:52 am »
I'm enjoying the sun and the dry, for all the downsides. The forecast has only another week of this sun, before we're back here to cloud and rain. I know which I prefer  :sunshine:

Clive

• Joined Sep 2012
    • Precious Porkers
    • Facebook
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2013, 07:19:22 pm »
Well, its raining today. Can I blame Gavin?j

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS