Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Local dog walks  (Read 7029 times)

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
Re: Local dog walks
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2013, 11:18:58 pm »
Lots of dodgy goings on too,  :innocent: 

shygirl

• Joined May 2013
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2013, 11:30:04 pm »
but pnce Rohan stole someones lunch

mine have been guilty of that too  :-[ :-[

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2013, 11:30:46 pm »
I've never seen anything, but as I say, I only go in the fenced areas, and in daytime.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2013, 11:38:19 pm »
It was so embarrassing shygirl, as we walked by with the dogs on leads, Rohan lunged at his near by un attended lunch.....I did not even see it first it just lay there although I dropped my husband off at the train station and bought a bacon roll from McDonalds, left it on the seat to get some dog food from a near buy pet store and they did not touch it........I could not even offer to buy him another as it was half way around and I had no money even in the car!!!!
Anne, the Police have been here asking about a women and we saw her at Gartmorn with a man,  :innocent:  Some people go their for a rendezvous on an early morning walk,  its well known for it, and in the day time, there was a police women nearly drowned there not too long ago, it was in the newspapers... and at night poaching!!!
We have not had anything bad happen their to us either but there are some funny meetings there!!! It is in a middle of a built up area.
There is wild life everwhere...unless we walk dogs in the towns!!

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2013, 11:46:22 pm »
I guess on the walk around the dam itself there are places to get up to mischief   :innocent: but as I said I don't like my dogs even threatening the wildlife by pointing, so I choose to use the fenced dog walk areas.  It's strange that you say there are things going on because anytime I have been there recently, there are loads of cars in the car park, some of them workmen, and lots of runners and fishermen. Lots of kids there yesterday, and previously on bank holidays, too, fishing with their parents.  Perhaps the police have it all sorted.  what happened to teh policewoman - was she pushed in?  It's pretty low round the edge just now with all the repair work they've been doing, so perhaps she was dragged right in.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2013, 11:56:53 pm »
I suppose its very busy now with school holidays, love children but not on dog walks :innocent: , I cannot quite remember but the case was heard recently, police were called to some young men messing around the cars at the Dam, they dragged the police women into the deep part and she nearly drowned!!. 
When we first went there we walked up the trail to the forest at the top and not around the dam, it was nice.......I have loads of photos of that area, it was very pretty too but its often too late for us to go now as often Steve comes out with me after work and we take our food........and have it with midges :innocent: .
Pepper Mill dam is good too, again they have some better fenced off bits now and you can walk up to Devilla, not sure if they have finished felling trees there as again, we have stayed away from that bit for a while.......Fisher men/women sometimes leave too much around like pants, baite or line and its not great as I often get a dog with a fish in its mouth following me around, and of course the water is dirty with an alge....anyway.....Devilla suits us most of the time and I bump into the same people most of the time too...although not been there for a few weeks either....Loch Leven was lovely though :thumbsup:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS