Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Delia Smith  (Read 8032 times)

sandy

Re: Delia Smith
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2009, 05:57:35 pm »
I remember hearing how Delia came to present cookery programmes but what about he rest of them, where do they find the latest cookery presenter? I wounder do they have a "type" in mind then advertise. I like "the hairy bikers" did like "2 fat ladies" Liked the chap who was into his Chocolate his name escapes me for now but did not get the chap who wanted to source all his resturant food from around London, struck me like they were looking for a Jammie oliver replacement and I don't think it worked. There are sooooo many chefs now I have lost touch but still like Saturday Kitchen.....If I am stuck for ideas I look on the internet, video jug is good you can stop it as y ou go but the keyboard gets a bit sticky...

Tullywood Farm

« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2009, 10:07:54 pm »
Hello - I like Nigella - she did the Domestic Goddess Book as a tongue in cheek joke, the writing in it is amusing and she makes me laugh as well as produce good food.

I am exactly the same age, same day same month same year as Nigella, have the same curves too, but Nigella
(the Bitch :o) still has a waistline ::)

From the responses by Russ and my Joe, I would say men really like her - perhaps they buy her cookery books for their women and that's her marketing ploy ::) ::)

Love Jamie too - really cute, but my favourite before anyone is Hugh Fearnley Whittingstall - he is brilliant and will always be my hero when it comes to food and fun to watch series about things we love - felt making was a good one in River Cottage - loved the music and his joke about the ladies changing positions ;D.  His books are great - got all but the fish one.
 ;DBring Back Hugh

Julie

sandy

« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2009, 10:13:40 pm »
I was pleased to see Nigellas bottom expanding, they keep it out of shot usualy, nothing worse than a thin cook!!!!! well maybe there are worse things ;D

Tullywood Farm

« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2009, 12:05:04 am »
Yeah - maybe, but still, I would rather the cook be fat - at least you know they cannot resist what they cook - so it must be good
 ;D
mmmmmmm where's that recipe book for Millionaires Shortbread ;D

Womble

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Stirlingshire, Central Scotland
« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2009, 01:41:04 pm »

Sorry folks, I still can't look at Nigella without thinking about her Dad!! :o
"All fungi are edible. Some fungi are only edible once." -Terry Pratchett

Tullywood Farm

« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2009, 06:15:34 pm »
Only remember the tatty suitcase - can't remember him at all! ;D

Julie

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS