Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Lost my favourite dog lead  (Read 9825 times)

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Re: Lost my favourite dog lead
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2013, 12:46:48 am »
Stop thinking about it Alister.  :roflanim: Tell it you don't need it any more and that you are just going to buy a new one.  It'll turn up!  Always works for me! :innocent:
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

spandit

• Joined Mar 2013
  • East Sussex
    • Sussex Forest Garden
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2013, 07:57:09 am »
Stop thinking about it Alister.  :roflanim: Tell it you don't need it any more and that you are just going to buy a new one.  It'll turn up!  Always works for me! :innocent:

I think you actually have to buy it first for this to work...  :sunshine:
sussexforestgarden.blogspot.co.uk

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2013, 09:46:18 am »
I've never had to buy another dog.  They always come back if I turn my back and yell that at them. :roflanim:
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

spandit

• Joined Mar 2013
  • East Sussex
    • Sussex Forest Garden
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2013, 09:49:05 am »
I've never had to buy another dog.  They always come back if I turn my back and yell that at them. :roflanim:

Not got a spaniel then... :D
sussexforestgarden.blogspot.co.uk

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2013, 11:15:46 am »
I laughed when we talked about our dogs being chipped , (they all are)  I said to my husand " you have more chance of me running off than Rhum running off" Rhum our Choclate labrador hardly moves from my side on walks......
I lost a pair of canvas shoes when we had a litter of pups, I put them to wash and I thought I hung them on the fence to dry, I even inspected the puppy poo incase they had chewed them all up, then, a year later I found them behing the tumble dryer.....have you looked behind the bin, the dryer, the washer, under the sofas, your bed...etc etc?

Alistair

• Joined Sep 2012
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2013, 12:15:16 pm »
Just bought 3 leads exactly the same as the one I have lost.

I am now fulfilled, I have also bought a splitter thing so 2 dogs can go on one lead, and big George the lurcher has got one of these... http://www.ferplast.com/en/shop/dogs-supplies/dog-leads-collars/ergocomfort-p-l-4

Leads are theses http://www.ferplast.com/en/shop/dogs-supplies/dog-leads-collars/ergocomfort-g15-123

And mini has a new collar .... http://www.ferplast.com/en/shop/dogs-supplies/dog-leads-collars/ergocomfort-c15-36

I have spent too much money

But the stuffs dead good quality and fits them all and for once they are all colour coordinated

And no I haven't found the old lead yet, and I'm off to the vets this afternoon for George's booster and Julie's pre neutering examination

Now I can't find George's vaccination card, must be with the lead

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2013, 12:21:00 pm »
Very nice indeed, I just tie our slip leads together for 2 dogs although I did buy a nice lead but lost it too!!!
The very worse thing is I used to put my car key on the lead as it was short but could be easily seen, we put one of our dogs on it durring a part of a long walk around a forest as some one was comming along with dogs, then, when we were very nearly back to the car the only car key we have had gone!! I could not remember if I had put it back on the lead of took it off so not sure if we needed to look for just the key on its own or on the lead...anyway, my husband retraced his steps and it was getting dark and found it, with the lead, very near to the start of our walk....I was chuffed and grateful, my husband was tired!!

suziequeue

• Joined Feb 2010
  • Llanidloes; Powys
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2013, 01:08:45 pm »
So if the lead and vaccination card might be together - might you have left them at the vets?
We do the best we can with the information we have

When we know better we do better

Alistair

• Joined Sep 2012
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2013, 01:15:02 pm »
Nope, found big George's vaccination card, don't want the old lead back now, got the new ones and they're the same, less smelly, and now they do them in orange and red which is sooooo very much nicer than the silvery grey I had before

I am content again

I shall use my new harness and leads when I go to the vets in 20 minutes or so, I am, as you can probably tell, quite excited

:excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :dog: :excited: :excited:

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2013, 01:26:57 pm »
I washed our nice new expensive dog collors and my husband put the near (too near) the fire to dry, I asked what he was burning and he had no idea, until I saw the melted lovely collors, so now they have very cheap ones that get thrown away!!!

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2013, 01:33:03 pm »

Not got a spaniel then... :D
Nope - hunter pointer retrievers.  Only time they don't recall is when they are on hard point - then I just have to be patient till the  bird lifts  :eyelashes:

ZaktheLad

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Thornbury, Nr Bristol
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2013, 08:24:28 am »
You really shouldn't post links like that - far too tempting and I have found lots of items to spoil my lads with  :innocent:  I have also now had to add that link to my favourites list  :innocent:  ;D.  Love those leads - very smart.  The more shop categories I looked at, the more items I liked the look of - really not good at all to post links like this..... :excited:

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2013, 08:53:23 am »
You really shouldn't post links like that - far too tempting and I have found lots of items to spoil my lads with  :innocent:  I have also now had to add that link to my favourites list  :innocent:  ;D.  Love those leads - very smart.  The more shop categories I looked at, the more items I liked the look of - really not good at all to post links like this..... :excited:
We never have much money to spend but take me to a pet shop and I go crackers...we need some dog collars and when I popped out after reading your post I was so tempted but did not have much cash on me.......The 2 things that me and my husband will spend money on is plants and stuff for the garden and dog stuff!!!

Alistair

• Joined Sep 2012
« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2013, 09:24:29 am »

At least now you can understand why I was so very upset when I lost the original lead..

Must say though those harnesses are amazing, my lurcher pulls all the time on a collar, with his harness on yesterday and this morning he just walks along side me, because of where the ring is, at the back of the harness, he can't pull forwards and then up on to his back legs, he can only pull forward which is so much easier to control, very expensive but amazing quality and design

I have also got a harness (the same) for mini my little superstar agility dog, once again she pulls (but she's allowed to to a point when we are doing cardio exercises) and yesterday I'm sure she enjoyed it more and put more effort in, mind I'm going to keep her harness for training sessions so she knows the difference between a working walk and a walk walk

Oh loved the stuff I bought, had to lie about the price though, sort if divided the number by 2 and said sorry, spent too much..... Oops

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2013, 09:46:03 am »
Oh loved the stuff I bought, had to lie about the price though, sort if divided the number by 2 and said sorry, spent too much..... Oops
:innocent:
Hate to be sexist but thats a lady lie :eyelashes:
We bought a  harness for a dog years ago, he went into some bushes a nd came out without it...he was OK after some training though. My Labs are naturaly good on the lead, my eldest is so good on the lead I have to check that shes still on it as she walks with the lead slack!!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS