Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Lost my favourite dog lead  (Read 9827 times)

Alistair

• Joined Sep 2012
Lost my favourite dog lead
« on: May 20, 2013, 12:38:44 pm »
 :gloomy:

Lost it, know I had it yesterday, found the dog it was attached to in her bed this morning but the leads missing, must have had it before because it was attached to a dog yesterday and I've still got all of the dogs, I've counted them, there are four and that's the right number according to my book of things that need to remember...

Oh and I've checked all the dogs and its not caught up in one of them, or the cat

Tidied the hall, found 6 leads, 2 head collars a tennis ball, my wellies and a shoe, but not my favourite lead, checked the van, no dogs or leads in there, tidied the kitchen, not there either, if I can be arsed I may even check upstairs later on

If you find it, it's grey with a neoprene hand loop, can you let me know, it's getting me down now

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
Re: Lost my favourite dog lead
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2013, 12:47:53 pm »
is it on top of the car?  we went for a walk a while back and When we got to the car with the dogs, I passed a cup of coffee out the flask for my husband but then bent down to find the cake, he if noshed the coffee, took the cake and went mad.....he said he had lost the leads and it was my fault! No rational thoughts went through his head, while he was still ranting I peeped onto the car roof and there they were, HE had put them there but forgot and became panicked in seconds........I think it's often best to sit down and retrace our steps with a clear head, my husband always thinks I have moved. Things but they are usually where H left them........now, where did I put the ca keys?...... :innocent:

in the hills

• Joined Feb 2012
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2013, 12:57:02 pm »
I haven't got it.

Coat pockets, trouser pockets, on top of the woodstore, in your wellie ...... have the dogs carried it off down the garden???????

Are you a "male"???? ..... Yes???? ....... well that will be it then.  :D

It WILL turn up. Ask your OH she will know where you've put it.  :innocent: ;D

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2013, 01:00:48 pm »
if noshed
  :roflanim:  god knows what that supposed to mean? Blinking I pad makes me look stupid ::)
My husband always asked where things are, I tell him, then he never puts anything back....... :innocent:

Alistair

• Joined Sep 2012
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2013, 01:05:11 pm »
Not in the garden, or in any pockets or on top of the van, it's so very very obvious that we have been burgled and the scum that have done the burgling have taken it because it was nice and taken nothing else and locked the door afterwards

My oh has denied all knowledge of where she may or may not have hidden it

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2013, 01:54:02 pm »
Now I suggest you sit and have a cup of tea and a chocolate biscuit...mind you...my husband swore some one came in our house and stole a choclate biscuit as there was one less than when he ate the last one...and he was being serious! :innocent:
Then ask yourself the following questions:_
Where did I last see the lead?
What did I do when I returned from the dog walk?
Do you have an enviouse neighbour with a dog but not very nice dog leads?
Did anyone clean up after you returned with the dogs?
Did you drop the lead when  you got to the front door/gate/ back entry :innocent: ?
Lastly? are  you sure you actualy have the dog lead you think you lost?
Did I actaly go out with the lead?

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2013, 09:31:41 am »
 :wave: Have you found it yet?

Greenerlife

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Leafy Surrey
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2013, 09:44:41 am »
According to Stephen Fry on QI you have to give the lead a name.  I dunno - how about Lennie the lead?  Then you go around calling for Lennie, yourbrain becomes less obsessed about the lead, and you discover it!

Dying to check this theory out but have a go yourself and let us know?!

ZaktheLad

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Thornbury, Nr Bristol
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2013, 09:50:16 am »
Could it be in the actual dog bed - under whatever blanket/bedding you have?  Sometimes my dogs like to carry their leads about then leave them in their beds.  They then strabble about in the bed and push the bedding over the lead!   Hope you find it.

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2013, 09:51:11 am »
Its Kevin my car keys I keep loosing..Oh and Glenda my Glasses :innocent: , sometimes Tony my tweezers disapear too ;)
ZaktheLad, I have to keep my leads away as my dogs start to chew them up if they get them......I hope Alister has found it?

in the hills

• Joined Feb 2012
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2013, 10:32:39 am »
Ahhhh ..... in the washing machine with the trousers you were wearing.

Like my lads mower keys, mobile phone, wallet, homework sheet, important letter from school ......... etc. etc.  ::)

Alistair

• Joined Sep 2012
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2013, 11:13:28 am »
No, not found it yet, went to agility club last night, not there, thought I might of left it there but hadn't..

It's made me properly down this, I liked that lead and mini was attached to it too

Leads are funny things, I used to have a bridle leather lead which I hated at first but eventually was soo nicely worn in I was mortified when it finally got destroyed by moz as a pup, had it for 10yrs, then I went through loads of leads, nylon webbing ones, leather ones, chain ones even elastic acted ones with silly handles, until I found this one with the neoprene handle 2yrs ago, and now it's gone.

I shall start researching a new lead today, I cannot bear the ones we have in the house, they bring back memories of my old lead too readily

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2013, 11:28:06 am »
 :( Oh dear....I buy those cord slip leads, love them, they are soft and we tie them together so we can have all 3 dogs on the same lead if we need too!! It will turn up...one day! :thumbsup:

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2013, 11:48:33 am »
Stop looking, and it will turn up!!

I looked after my friends livestock for a week.Came home one day, and then realised her door key was missing.  Searched car, pockets....nothing.  Had to keep borrowing her next doors neighbours spare key, which was a pain.  Getting worried at the end of the week, that I would have to explain the missing keys.

Day she was due back, was feeding the goats, and noticed something shiny on the galvanised roof ....yep, the keys.  Now how on earth had they got there?  Who would be daft enough to walk down the field and put the keys on the  roof?  Its still a mystery, and no one has owned up ........So, you dog lead may be in an equally daft place.  I had walked to that shed twice a day for a week and had not noticed the keys.  I am amazed a magpie had not taken them, or the goats - they would have dumped them in the grass never to be seen again.

Old Shep

• Joined Feb 2011
  • North Yorkshire
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2013, 12:01:37 pm »
ooh - that's so distressing.  I don't know what I'd do without my favourite lead! 
Have you checked all your pockets? Properly? (sorry - that's what I have to say to OH)  Have you checked in the lining of your coat in case you have a holi in your pocket?  OH once went mental because he'd lost his phone (no actually its happened several times) and it was in the lining of his fleece  :innocent:
Have you checked all the dogs tummies for a chewed up lead type bulge?  My sons collie has eaten leads and many collars - usually whilst other dogs are wearing them!
to cheer you up - here's my favourite lead in lovely soft leather. http://www.essenjayleathersupplies.co.uk/index.php/dog-leads/softline-flat-leads/
Helen - (used to be just Shep).  Gordon Setters, Border Collies and chief lambing assistant to BigBennyShep.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS