Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Boer Billy smell ?  (Read 6993 times)

jinglejoys

• Joined Jul 2009
Re: Boer Billy smell ?
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2013, 11:59:52 am »
Some people complain about anything  ;) A friend of mine was having to move her goats to her garden through loss of facilities at the local farm. She contacted trading standards etc and got their advice and  then a month later had a visit because her neighbour had complained about the smell. She took them down the garden to the shed and run and pointed out that she hadn't even moved them yet! ::)
   Never got bothered again ;D

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2013, 01:16:04 pm »
 ;D Such a shame the complainant was not there too.  Would loved to have seen the look on the busybodies face when the cause of the "smell" was not yet there!!!  People have nothing better to do, than poke their nose into things.

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2013, 04:24:03 pm »
Last summer my neighbour (who loves my goats) said that she was getting a lot of flies in the house. Her neighbour the other side said she was too and blamed my goats. Interesting that I wasn't getting any more flies than usual.

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2013, 04:39:34 pm »
 ;D Flies are everywhere in summer - but suppose people automatically blame animals.

shygirl

• Joined May 2013
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2013, 08:00:01 pm »
Last summer my neighbour (who loves my goats) said that she was getting a lot of flies in the house. Her neighbour the other side said she was too and blamed my goats. Interesting that I wasn't getting any more flies than usual.

i got blamed for flies when my grass was too long (was growing hay)  :roflanim:

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2013, 09:46:31 pm »
 :roflanim:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS