Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: My News  (Read 34278 times)

Blinkers

• Joined Jan 2008
  • Carmarthenshire
  • Carmarthenshire/Pembrokeshire border
    • Glyn Elwyn - Faithmead Herd
    • Facebook
My News
« on: March 12, 2008, 08:37:59 am »
I'm just bursting to tell everyone now.....but still nervous it could fall at the last hurdle....but we have now got a buyer for our bungalow (we rent our 12 acres of land and yard 1/2 mile up the road) and are buying our dream home......14 acre Smallholding in South West Wales  ;D ;D ;D ;D  It overlooks the Preseli Mountains, has a holiday annex, veg garden, poly tunnel, fruit garden, hen houses, looseboxes inside one barn, plus a dutch barn, plus .......oooooohhhhh I don't know LOADs of stuff....AND a duck pond.....Oh and there's a river running along the bottom edge of the pasture and....and...and....Oh I'm just SO EXCITED.   Now the nightmare begins of trying to work out how we'll get all the stock there....let alone us!!!  AND........I give my notice in at work on Friday  ;) ;) fantastic.
Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again !!
www.glynelwyn.co.uk

stephen

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Kent
Re: My News
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2008, 08:40:17 am »
WOW thats fantastic news! hope you all get there safe and sound! pictures will deffo be required... it sounds quite idilic! good luck!  ;D

pigsatlesrues

• Joined Oct 2008
  • Normandy, France
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2008, 08:58:32 am »
That is so fantastic! We can feel your excitement leaping off the page!
Lots of luck and good wishes and keep us posted - I am excited for you!

Kate
Bonjour et avoir un bon jour !

Rosey

• Joined Jan 2008
  • Lincolnshire UK
    • UKNaturepics.com
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2008, 12:29:53 pm »
Wow lucky you, it sounds lovely.  DanDans a new member here is a smallholder in Wales she is lambing at the moment but I am sure if you need any suppliers etc she will know them.

Rosey

Blinkers

• Joined Jan 2008
  • Carmarthenshire
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2008, 02:08:02 pm »
Thank you sooooo much and I'll be needing all the help I can get........both before and after the move. ::) ::) ::)
www.glynelwyn.co.uk

carl

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2008, 02:24:20 pm »
Sounds fantastic, I am very pleased for you. It will keep you busy for sure. I wish you lots of luck and hope things go smoothly.
carl

danndans

• Joined Jan 2008
  • aberystwyth
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2008, 03:20:29 pm »
wey hey!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D wicked news for you blinkers :D Ok serious now

WHENS THE HOUSE WARMING PARTY?????

Dan
Make your words soft and sweet, as one day you may have to eat them.

Guy

• Joined Feb 2008
  • East Devon
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2008, 04:04:28 pm »
fantastic news for you - many congrats , hope all goes well for you - good news about the work notice too , a dream come true ;)
relax and enjoy life - let others do the worrying

rustyme

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2008, 04:05:37 pm »
Really great news Blinkers,
                             it is fantastic when things work out right ....Another one in Wales too , the more the better. Apart from being a bit wet at times  ::) ::) I am sure you will love it here .Out in the countryside it is pretty much like a time warp , the way things used to be...great. The very best of luck to you in your move, Croeso Cymru.....( welcome to Wales).

danndans

• Joined Jan 2008
  • aberystwyth
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2008, 04:17:46 pm »
Time warp ;Ddefo on that, want something done tomorrow, then ask 2 weeks ago ;D I think maybe daily welsh words should be sent to blinkers, to get her into the lingo ::) ::) no swear words would be posted tho promis ;D :D
Make your words soft and sweet, as one day you may have to eat them.

rustyme

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2008, 04:38:47 pm »
time warp : yep if you want something done ..do it yourself is best...oh and, I think I saw one of those big silver birds in the sky today !!! As for Welsh words, everyday ones or otherwise . I can't even manage English ones properly let alone Welsh  ;D ;D.  I  used to understand most of the local Welsh , as my then brother inlaw was Welsh speaking , but then I had a car smash and it wiped out the previous 10 years or so of memory !! :(, that included all the Welsh I knew!. So I just stick to my bad English now .  ;) ;) ;D

Blinkers

• Joined Jan 2008
  • Carmarthenshire
    • Facebook
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2008, 04:39:10 pm »
Oh..cool..... A daily Welsh word would be great........but I'll need ONE swear word (at least)    Is it really that laid-back?    Its just gets better and better.      ;D ;D ;D     And is there really such a saying as.............."yukky dar" .........however it's spelt......or is that arabic or something  :-\ :-\ :-\
www.glynelwyn.co.uk

rustyme

« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2008, 05:01:48 pm »
Iechyd da , I think is what you mean ? It means cheers , good health (I think ?) ::) ::)

Iechyd da

Russ

rustyme

« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2008, 05:22:48 pm »
I had to check to make sure I was right ... :D and I found this very helpful site:  http://www.heart-of-wales.co.uk/welsh.htm#  Thankfully I was right ...lol.   Hope it helps a bit Blinkers....the audio bit is very good I thought .

sallyw

• Joined Jan 2008
  • Buckinghamshire
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2008, 05:25:24 pm »
Well done Blinkers! That is fantastic news, so exciting. I hope every day that I am a day closer to packing in life in front of a laptop and desk! It keeps me going - however much I might be kidding myself. I trust you have read all of Chas Griffin's books? He offers some good experience when it comes to smallholdings in Wales and they are very amusing. Best of luck and huge congratulations. We want full details!

Sal :P

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS