Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Doune and Dunblane  (Read 10661 times)

ukag0972

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Argyll
Doune and Dunblane
« on: July 01, 2009, 08:42:55 pm »
Anyone going to Doune and Dunblane show!

Is it worth the trip!!

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
Re: Doune and Dunblane
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2009, 09:46:58 pm »
Depends how far you're coming from I guess! I like Doune and Dunblane, its a nice wee show, and well run compared to some.

I'll be there with my mother, LockerbiteReiver, and 10 goats!

Beth

ukag0972

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Argyll
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2009, 01:19:08 am »
10 goats!!!

Is that one for each class??

It's about 130 miles to get there, which I don't mind, but I went to the one outside Stirling( can't remember the name), and it was full of horses and alpaca!!!

Might go just to see your 10 goats and decided if I want an Anglo-Nubian one, their ears are quite cool!!! I did see them at the highland and did look out for you but you were busy showing!!

I'll see what the weather is to be!!

Andrew

• Joined Dec 2007
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2009, 08:46:10 am »
Central Scotland Smallholders (CSSA) have a stand at the show. I am going along to set up and other members will be manning the stand throughout the day. Please come along and say hello. You may even decide to join the Association

cmorrell

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Kirkintilloch, NE of Glasgow
    • Calum Morrell Photography
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2009, 10:21:33 am »
Central Scotland Smallholders (CSSA) have a stand at the show.

We will?  :o I didn't spot anything about that on the website.. I need to try to get to a meeting sometime  :(

I might come up on Saturday and bring a camera. I don't think I have anything scheduled for the weekend past melting.

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2009, 06:08:15 pm »
10 goats!!!

Is that one for each class??

Lol, well there are only 9 classes for goats! We have entries for 7 of the classes- including some of my Anglo- Nubians.

The show at Stirling hasnt been great for a few years, there are no goat classes anymore (although this was partly killed by Angus Agricultural show changing its date to clash, and it has a BGS recognised show there).

Beth

cmorrell

• Joined Jan 2009
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2009, 06:29:20 pm »
Beth, assuming I come up on Saturday, how would I be able to find you? I love goats and meeting a few people from the forums would be a good excuse...

...hovering around the CSSA stall may well occur, until things start getting thrown at me.

ukag0972

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Argyll
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2009, 06:47:48 pm »
I remember now.........it was Drymen show (apologies to those staunch Drymen show goers). I'd heard so many times how good it is, and I thought it was pants!!!

Anyway, there seems to be an aircraft blocking my route of escape. Poor guys!!!

I'm going to try make the effort to go!!
I'll be wearing the TAS badge!

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
  • "Blossom" one of my Pygmy Goats
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2009, 09:08:11 pm »

Anyway, there seems to be an aircraft blocking my route of escape. Poor guys!!!

[/quote]

RAF Leuchars is 2 minutes away from me - I can see the run way from my bedroom window. A couple of the pilots come into the hotel so I am hoping that the guys I know are safe. A very sad day for my community.

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2009, 09:58:03 pm »
Yup CSSA will have a stand there assuming it doesn't blow away (again) - so I will be wearing my CSSA Tshirt and TAS badge (which gets through the washing machine OK!)

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2009, 10:33:34 pm »
My TAS badge has also made it through the wash- but I will try and not do that too often!

Beth, assuming I come up on Saturday, how would I be able to find you? I love goats and meeting a few people from the forums would be a good excuse...

...hovering around the CSSA stall may well occur, until things start getting thrown at me.

The goats are normally just beside the cattle lines- at the top end of the field, not the end nearest the roundabout. The sheep are up on the hill- and we're on the far side of the main ring from the sheep. I think there's a map with the catalogues (could be wrong). I will visit the CSSA stand just to see who's kicking about.

sandy

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2009, 01:59:19 pm »
May be able to pop buy but we have a full house so a bit hard to get away!!!!

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2009, 07:10:06 pm »
Hi Beth - we'll get up to see you defo.

I'm really looking froward to it but hope the rain stops. If we (CSSA) blight another show, we'll be banned.

Sorry, Calum - I thought it was on the site but the webmaster let us down. I will punish him appropriately!

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Near Stirling, Central Scotland
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2009, 07:32:34 pm »
lol I survived the show lol
but knackered now been veggie pulling when i got home (after my BK meal) must take a piccy to show you all my curly carrots lol.

Nice meeting new faces today

Linz

cmorrell

• Joined Jan 2009
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2009, 04:38:37 pm »
I quite enjoyed the show, my first one. It was great meeting so many people from TAS/CSSA finally and everyone so friendly and happy to chat.

Beth, congratulations on getting best in show for one of your goats! (and for not getting a hole in your jumper from another one of your goats...)

I've uploaded a few photos from the day ... these are straight off cam with no correction and the Dump part of the URL is there to signify they're not exactly my best photos.

http://www.calummorrell.com/Dump/2009-07-04/

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS