Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Keen but currently without land!  (Read 10909 times)

Sharondp

• Joined Jun 2009
Re: Keen but currently without land!
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2009, 10:04:22 pm »
Will do!
Land before no animals and pre-pond - then when they arrive!

Farmer

• Joined May 2009
  • Sidway, Staffordshire
    • Farmeats.com
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2009, 10:15:52 pm »
Great news...I told you to keep the dream alive and its worked...have fun

Farmer  ;D
 :farmer:

Sharondp

• Joined Jun 2009
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2009, 10:30:38 pm »
Cheers Farmer  :)

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2009, 10:42:34 pm »
Thanks Sandy - absolutely nothing to do to the house - it was renovated & extended only 5 years ago so we can spend all our time & energy (& money!) on the outside! The house has even got a jacuzzi - perfect after a day's digging the veggie patch!

The outside is pretty OK too actually. We're planning on relocating the hen house to a more accessible area - it's currently in the paddock in a spot which would be perfect for pigs!
We want to keep some of the garden as a play area for the boys but will let some of it go to a duck pond and our 'pet' chickens.

Had salad for dinner tonight - can't wait until it's all 'home grown'!!  ;D
You didn't tell us you were millionaires ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  Hope the move goes well!  Sounds idyllic!
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2009, 07:53:23 am »
Congratulations, looking forward to hearing more about your move. ;D

Troubled Waters

• Joined Jun 2009
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2009, 08:35:52 am »
Hi Sharon, sounds ideal.  Do keep us posted. Its so exciting!  :pig: :chook: :&>

Sharondp

• Joined Jun 2009
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2009, 05:25:12 pm »
Thanks Sandy - absolutely nothing to do to the house - it was renovated & extended only 5 years ago so we can spend all our time & energy (& money!) on the outside! The house has even got a jacuzzi - perfect after a day's digging the veggie patch!

The outside is pretty OK too actually. We're planning on relocating the hen house to a more accessible area - it's currently in the paddock in a spot which would be perfect for pigs!
We want to keep some of the garden as a play area for the boys but will let some of it go to a duck pond and our 'pet' chickens.

Had salad for dinner tonight - can't wait until it's all 'home grown'!!  ;D
You didn't tell us you were millionaires ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  Hope the move goes well!  Sounds idyllic!

Unfortunately not miilionaires but hoping to save some money on groceries!!

Got the 'OK to work part-time from September today so things looking good!!

Tullywood Farm

« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2009, 10:47:23 am »
Good Luck with the move ;D

Julie

Sharondp

• Joined Jun 2009
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2009, 08:13:55 am »
Well it looks as though things are moving and we might be in our new house/lifestyle in October  ;D.

Can't wait! Off to Moreton-in-Marsh Show tomorrow for inspiration!!  :farmer:

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2009, 03:46:15 pm »
And you will need to save some time to keep us very updated and photos as well please.

Sharondp

• Joined Jun 2009
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2009, 07:42:34 pm »
Definitely!

Sharondp

• Joined Jun 2009
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2009, 04:19:57 am »
Hello all

It's 4am and I can't sleep so I thought I'd come and update you all. Unfortunately we are no longer buying the house in the Forest of Dean as the vendors have pulled out >:(

HOWEVER......we have had an offer accepted on a house literally just across the border into Herefordshire  ;D.

This property has just under 3 acres, most of which is a sloping paddock, but it can accomodate all or needs / desires!

Nothing needs doing to the house so we can spend all our time (and money) outside digging veggie plots and building animal housing!

We should be moving in a couple of weeks, so I'll post photos then.

Walked around the boundary with the current owner yesterday - the views from the top of the paddock are outstanding! Lots of wildlife about, including a very friendly robin who followed us around the 'veggie patch to be' :)

Paddock will be great for sheep and goats and there's an ideal spot for pigs on the flatter land too. Chickens will be in the garden, still leaving plenty of room for the kids to run riot!

Hopefully the dream is now definitely within reach!

digit

• Joined Sep 2009
  • near Swansea
« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2009, 09:03:38 am »
Sorry to hear the first property fell through,hope every thing goes smoothly with your new property

JD

• Joined Nov 2008
  • Glasgow
« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2009, 09:43:58 am »
Am a great believer in fate and this new place sounds wonderful. Fingers crossed for you Sharon good luck.
JD

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS