Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Hello  (Read 4016 times)

ellisr

• Joined Sep 2009
  • Wales
Hello
« on: September 18, 2009, 11:10:50 am »
I'm new to the forum, I have a smallholding in Somerset. We have just moved here so we are at the very exciting part of setting it all up. We hopefully should have pigs soon and are trying to source sheep that are close by, we already breed chickens and have some geese that are fattening nicely for xmas. I think I will have loads of questions very soon but for now this will do.

sandy

Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2009, 11:33:03 am »
Hello, I am in Cental Scotland with several other members on this forum, I find i can get a answer to "anything" so when you want to know something it's great, proper people with proper experience, welcome!!!

daniellestocks

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Nr Pickering, North Yorkshire
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2009, 12:54:18 pm »
Hello from north yorkshire
 :pig: :)

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2009, 01:38:37 pm »
Hello from Lincolnshire and welcome.

Good luck with your set-up.

SfS

www.suppliesforsmallholders.co.uk - Safe Secure shopping for all your livestock equipment and supplies.
Also www.suppliesforfarmers.co.uk for more larger farm related items

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2009, 02:33:40 pm »
Hello and welcome form Alloa

MiriMaran

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2009, 08:50:10 pm »
Hello and welcome from Derbyshire - people are brilliant on this forum and there will always be someone who can answer a question however obscure!!!

HappyHippy

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2009, 10:17:06 am »
Hello from the Happy Hippy in South Lanarkshire,
look forward to hearing all about you  ;D

sandy

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2009, 03:20:04 pm »
Hi Chynna16, Welcome, tell us a bit about yourself, where are abouts are you! I am in Central Scotland and love it up here, only got a back garden but keep Chickens 1516 (found 1) and 2 Ducks and my 2 Dogs.

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2009, 03:38:25 pm »
Hello and welcome from the Peak District in Derbyshire!!

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2009, 08:54:59 pm »
Hello and welcome from Derbyshire - people are brilliant on this forum and there will always be someone who can answer a question however obscure!!!
Ditto!!
Little Blue

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2009, 06:52:20 am »
Hi and welcome.  What breed of pigs are you going to have? :pig:

Sharondp

• Joined Jun 2009
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2009, 04:21:22 am »
Hello from South Herefordshire (well - we'll be there in a couple of weeks!)

ellisr

• Joined Sep 2009
  • Wales
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2009, 09:37:20 pm »
I'm in Somerset. I have to many chickens to count, geese and as from next weekend I will br the proud owner of 8 Ryeland sheep (thanks Ratty). I have ordered 2 saddleback pigs which should be ready mid october. I have planned this for years as I grew up on a small farm but OH grew up inner city so it has took me a while to train him or at least get him to understand that the brown stuff is soil and the green stuff is grass that has took me a few years. He is so bad that a few years I planted some bedding plants in pots a few days later he came in the house with a big smile 'I have weeded for you' well you can guess what he had just done, yes he had pulled up all my freshly planted bedding :o But he has turned out to be very good with the chickens and geese so I won't cash him in for a new model yet.

winshamrarebreeds

• Joined Sep 2009
  • north devon
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2009, 11:10:36 pm »
Hi

I'm new to this forum too, we live in north devon and keep rare breed pigs and sheep,  I wish you luck with your new setup and hope that it brings you fun and satisfaction over the years.

regards  Joy
joy turney

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS