Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Everything Must Go. Selling up for good. So sad  (Read 22494 times)

fairhaven

• Joined Jul 2012
  • Norfolk
    • The Hazy Rainbow
Re: Everything Must Go. Selling up for good. So sad
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2013, 05:29:25 pm »
I've only just seen this thread, We're too far away in Norfolk otherwise I would have pm'd you about some stuff, but hopefully you will find homes for most things.... If you are totally sure of what you are doing.

My other OH hadn't spent much time around animals until he met me & there are times when he gets so sick of the work & the cold & being skint - but when I ask him now & again why he stays here  ::)  he says that it is who I am & I wouldn't be me without my animals.

I don't want to upset you anymore than you are already... But would your partner be asking you to give up who you are if she really loved you?

:bouquet:
Sheep: North Ronaldsay & 4 Horned Hebridean - We also breed & exhibit 3 breeds of rabbit - Chinchilla, Deilenaar (rare breed) & Colour Pointed English Angora.

plt102

• Joined Jan 2011
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2013, 05:47:54 pm »
She doesn't want me to change and would love me to go do it on my own away from her but as we all know, you need money and support for that to work. So I can carry on on my own which is impossible or try to change my outlook on life. I can't afford to do it on my own so would have to sell up anyway. Xxx

colliewobbles

• Joined Mar 2013
  • South Norfolk
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2013, 06:39:02 pm »
Hi there  :wave:  I have sent you a message regarding the sheep and trailer but it is not appearing in my sent messages box.  Can you let me know if you haven't received it and I will resend?

Thanks - Donna

Pikeman

• Joined Mar 2013
« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2013, 06:39:52 pm »
Did you get my reply to your pm?

Blinkers

• Joined Jan 2008
  • Carmarthenshire
  • Carmarthenshire/Pembrokeshire border
    • Glyn Elwyn - Faithmead Herd
    • Facebook
« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2013, 06:50:01 pm »
PMd you.

Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again !!
www.glynelwyn.co.uk

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2013, 07:58:00 pm »
So sorry to hear. Hope you get everything good new homes. Sorry we are too far away to take anything.

Beth

sokel

• Joined Jun 2012
  • S W northumberland
« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2013, 08:37:19 pm »
So sorry you have been forced into this decission  :(
I personally wouldnt be happy without my animals and when my partner was alive It was accepted that that was my lifestyle and I was always encouraged and helped even though they where not into it the way I was

I am too far away or I would have been very tempted with some of the animals
Graham

Hazelwood Flock

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Dorset.
« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2013, 08:55:21 pm »
Sorry to hear of your plight, I remember your GFD ram (Bernard) from the shows down here when exhibited by his breeder - he's a handsome chap. Keep your chin up and good luck with the future  :hug: :fc:
Not every day is baaaaaad!
Pedigree Greyface Dartmoor sheep.

colliewoman

• Joined Jul 2011
  • Pilton
  • Caution! May spontaneously talk rabbits!
« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2013, 08:57:16 pm »
 :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:
I doubt I will be able to raise the funds ATM but out of interest how much would you be looking at for the Shetlands please?

Are you 100% sure you want to do this?

I would GLADLY foster your shetland girls and your poultry whilst you had a while to see if you can adjust. WOuld cost you nothing and you could have them back whenever you wanted.

In my experience having someone tell you what you must to regarding giving up a dream builds resentment.

I will be 100% honest and say just recently my Husband and I have had some serious discussions.
Him saying we can't afford them. Me paying for everything AND our own rent whilst he fannies about earning nothing.
Came as a big shock to a burly military man to have his wife tell him to pack up and sod off if he can't at least allow me MY dream after I have financially supported him with his for 3 years.
I love him to bits but I ain't giving it all up a second time.
It isn't a bed of roses at the mo, but good grief things are so much better for me standing  my ground.

but whatever happens have lots of these  :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
We'll turn the dust to soil,
Turn the rust of hate back into passion.
It's not water into wine
But it's here, and it's happening.
Massive,
but passive.

Bring the peace back

Shnoowie

• Joined Mar 2010
  • Cornwall
    • Binty's Farm
« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2013, 01:13:14 am »
I'm so sorry to hear about this :(
I know people have said that they'd get rid of their OH(!) but you must really love her to do all this, and I truly hope that she realises that.  It is one heck of an ultimatum.

I'm sorely tempted by your registered GFDs, but as I'm in Devon it is a little far to travel. :(  I may have to call a family meeting and see if they are up for a road trip!  How much would you be looking for for them?
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 01:18:19 am by Shnoowie »

plt102

• Joined Jan 2011
« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2013, 08:06:16 am »
Wow! Thank you so much for all the responses and the support! Especially thank you to CollieWoman for your amazingly kind offer!
Sorry it might take me a little while to trawl through all of this and the personal messages but I will try answer everyone as soon as I can.
I'll put prices on here as soon as I can as well

colliewobbles

• Joined Mar 2013
  • South Norfolk
« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2013, 09:31:14 am »
 :wave:  Morning, you are sounding more positive this morning which is a good thing.  Will keep fingers crossed that you can reach a solution you are comfortable with.

Donna

YorkshireLass

• Joined Mar 2010
  • Just when I thought I'd settled down...!
« Reply #42 on: March 25, 2013, 10:45:25 am »
 :bouquet:
It must be such a shock. Please don't rush into anything permanent!
I hope you can resolve this asap.

PPF

• Joined Jul 2012
« Reply #43 on: March 25, 2013, 04:01:48 pm »
I'm new here and can't seem to find out where you are based Plt102.  Could someone tell me please?

nicandem

• Joined Aug 2011
  • Berkeley, Glos
« Reply #44 on: March 25, 2013, 04:26:33 pm »
Bampton, in West Oxfordshire
[/size]from the first post in this thread [/color] 8)

I spent a long time with a person not being/doing what I wanted...often not a long term solution.
think long and hard before making a decision and then review it again before acting on the decision.
good luck
Nic

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS