Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Hello, Back again  (Read 3916 times)

Jackie 2

• Joined May 2010
  • North Killingholme
Hello, Back again
« on: February 10, 2013, 01:04:26 pm »
Hi All, I dont know if anyone still remembers me but I was quite active on here a while ago and got very upset about the death of a treasured friend (George) who I met through here and had marriage troubles so backed right off.

Anyway marriage is fine now and still have my smallholding and kennels so 'Hi' to my 'old' friends and 'Hello' to those I dont yet know.  :wave:

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
Re: Hello, Back again
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2013, 01:08:41 pm »
Hello Jackie  :wave: I'm glad things seem to be working out ok for you.
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

Carl f k

• Joined Aug 2012
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2013, 01:16:18 pm »
Hello  :wave:

vfr400boy

• Joined Jan 2013
  • one life live it
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2013, 01:29:27 pm »
hello and wecome from east yorks  :wave:

luckylady

• Joined Aug 2009
  • Yorkshire
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2013, 02:25:54 pm »
 :wave: Hello Jackie.  Pleased to hear your 'down' times are behind you and you now feel strong enough to return to TAS  :thumbsup:
Doing that swan thing - cool and calm on the surface but paddling like crazy beneath.

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2013, 02:33:04 pm »
 :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:  It was upsetting to loose George "WIzard" if thats who you mean...I think all  of us oldies had  a tear, I left but came back with a new name...I was and still am Sandy....
I thought you were selling  up?

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2013, 02:51:58 pm »
Hello and welcome back from Durham  :wave:

Jackie 2

• Joined May 2010
  • North Killingholme
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2013, 02:54:03 pm »
Thanks for the welcome, its nice to feel at home here again.

Hi Sandy, yeah it was Wizard and I still think of him fondly :) A nice old chap.

Yes I was going to but actually do love it here now I've settled in.

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2013, 10:05:37 pm »
 :wave:   Hi.  Good to have you back.

darkbrowneggs

• Joined Aug 2010
    • The World is My Lobster
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2013, 10:44:43 pm »
Hi from me in Worcestershire   :wave:
To follow my travel journal see http://www.theworldismylobster.org.uk

For lots of info about Marans and how to breed and look after them see www.darkbrowneggs.info

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2013, 02:12:51 pm »
We are in a similar situation Jackie, we love it here and it suits all our needs exept the expense of heating and upkeep..........at least  FB has kept me in touch, such a stunning lady!!!!!

Daisys Mum

• Joined May 2009
  • Scottish Borders
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2013, 09:22:36 pm »
 :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:
Really nice to see you back Jackie, Wizard is a great miss, I still have the dvds he sent me of himself working in his kitchen and also 1 of his friend butchering a pig.
Anne

Jackie 2

• Joined May 2010
  • North Killingholme
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2013, 06:44:59 am »
Yeah Sandy we have always kept in touch through FB and I always look out for new pics of your pups  :dog:
Thank you for your compliment  ;D

Heating's is a bugger, we pay approx 400 per month with LPG plus our own wood for the fires, its just silly.

Have you got a buyer yet Sandy?

Thanks Daisys Mum, sorry cant remember your 'real' name but do remember chatting to you many times.:)
Wizard was a mine of information and techniques that we sadly dont see anymore, he and people like him were the original smallholders. He and his wife were my first visitors :)

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2013, 09:57:17 am »
We have been cranking the heat up a bit more than usually as when I am alone in the daytime, its usually off or on tick over and I have to go outside to warm up.......expecting our bill to be a shock.......your house is similar to ours in a way....we however are on very low incomes and so never seem to save, although we do not own money,, only our mortgage.......Yes we do have a buyer but nothing set in stone, its early days....they have to sell their house first..they have 2 houses and only need to sell one to move here......Our last "buyer" instructed his solicitor, had some plans drawn up, was due to come, then disappeared........ :huff:
I am only going to have one litter, but not for a while yet, we want to keep a chocolate female if we get one, we have the stud dog ready, and we have people wanting the pups....but some one also wants to get our Chocolate trained into picking up for a shoot as there are not so many good chocolate lab gun dogs, so the project and pups and moving could class!!!!

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2013, 10:50:52 am »
Good to see you back on here .....and pleased that things worked out ok for you.  Thats the nice thing about this forum- people leave for various reasons, but know they will be welcomed back when they are ready. :)

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS