Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: The Royal Show  (Read 3010 times)

MiriMaran

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Derbyshire
The Royal Show
« on: June 17, 2009, 08:34:00 pm »
Is anyone going to the Royal Show at Stonleigh, Warwickshire?  Its from Tues 7th - Fri 10th July.  I'm planning on getting my children to bunk off school on the Friday!  I think they'll learn more at the show than they will in one days schooling!  Sorry to any teachers reading this!!!

ukag0972

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Argyll
Re: The Royal Show
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2009, 09:34:04 pm »
Its the last one (ever) so we hope to go, but its a long trip from Argyll!!!!

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2009, 11:34:10 pm »
Why is it the last one? ???
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Farmer

• Joined May 2009
  • Sidway, Staffordshire
    • Farmeats.com
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2009, 11:49:23 pm »
No longer cost effective...very sad...used to be the best in Europe but now its more like a machinery show with a limited number of animals...have some great memories of past visits and the first time I saw a Dexter...I now have my own small herd and love them to bits!

On the bright side...closure may be good for the various County Shows...lets hope so.

Farmer
 :farmer:

sandy

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2009, 08:39:58 am »
I remember going to the Roal show when I was younger as my best friends famiy had a poultry farm, I used to help out at weekends!!! I love these sort of events but everytime one comes along near me, I get stuck running the B&B due to bookings, carn't win!!!

Farmer

• Joined May 2009
  • Sidway, Staffordshire
    • Farmeats.com
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2009, 01:48:02 pm »
Is anyone going to the Royal Show at Stonleigh, Warwickshire?  Its from Tues 7th - Fri 10th July.  I'm planning on getting my children to bunk off school on the Friday!  I think they'll learn more at the show than they will in one days schooling!  Sorry to any teachers reading this!!!

There was a time when rural schools made a day at the Royal Show a yearly event...but no doubt the ever increasing pressure to pass exams and the high cost of insurance, travel, etc; put pay to that! What a pity we have sacrificed experiencing real life for theoretic study! I agree that most children would learn far more from a day at the Royal or even a County Show than spending a week in a classroom.

Farmer
 :farmer:

MiriMaran

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2009, 08:10:12 pm »
The Royal Show has a website that has a whole section for school trips, but I've never heard of onyone who has had a child go there on a school trip.

I handed in the holiday request forms into school today so the children could go to the show and felt like a naughty mother!!!

I am hoping to be there proudly wearing a shiny new TAS badge!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS