Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Update on the OH with the broken head.  (Read 5191 times)

kaz

• Joined Jul 2008
  • Ceredigion
  • Dust yourself off when life throws you down.
Update on the OH with the broken head.
« on: June 10, 2009, 08:38:09 pm »
Just thought I would let you all know OH now been at Morriston hospital for about 2 weeks now on the road to his rehabilitation. It is such a shame that he had to wait 10 weeks to get the bed there, as the local general hospital was a nightmare as they just didnot know what to do with him.

So far what a difference Morriston hospitals' approach has been to his recovery. I visited the ward one week before he was moved there to see what gos on and their facilities. Since his arrival I have had phone calls from the occupational therapists and the clinical phycologists as to his recovery and am due for a family meeting there next Monday. Long may it continue, as the previous hospital was a joke.

Farming matters are sliding as now have Mum stuck here after she came to stay for a couple of weeks and ending up having a mild heart attack and chronic breathing troubles. She is now on oxygen until she goes back to see consultant in 6 weeks time, and to top it all my son had a scan of his stomach and has an enlarged  liver!, It never rains but it pours, I must have been really bad in a previous life I have decided, What a year so far. :'( :'(
Penybont Ryelands. Ystwyth Coloured Ryelands.  2 alpacas, 2 angora goats, 2 anglo nubian kids, 3golden retrievers a collie and a red fox labrador retriever, geese, ducks & chickens.

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
Re: Update on the OH with the broken head.
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2009, 08:48:28 pm »
I'm trying really hard not to be trite.

What a rotten start to the year, right enough. Maybe you're at the turning point now - hope so anyway - and things will get better.

Fingers crossed for you and your family.

kaz

• Joined Jul 2008
  • Ceredigion
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2009, 08:56:52 pm »
Managed to get the sheep shorn with 2 ears cut, it does really annoy me when they manage to do that, in my book there is no excuse, especially as one is a shearling that I was thinking of selling, not a good look to sport on the catwalk. Now have to fit in tidying them up as they have fleece dangling from everywhere especially the bottom of their legs.

I'm going to try and have a more positive attitude to life from now on even though I have taken some really tough knocks this year and look hopefully to a brighter future.
Penybont Ryelands. Ystwyth Coloured Ryelands.  2 alpacas, 2 angora goats, 2 anglo nubian kids, 3golden retrievers a collie and a red fox labrador retriever, geese, ducks & chickens.

JD

• Joined Nov 2008
  • Glasgow
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2009, 09:12:14 pm »
Hi Kaz, I have been complaining and moaning to anyone who would listen about my two hedgetrimmers breaking down during a job and my new one from e-bay arriving incomplete then I read your post and remembered what you and your family had been and still are going through. So no more moaning from me about things that don't really matter and more gratitude for what I have. Hope the new hospital is a sign of things turning for the better for you all.
JD

northfifeduckling

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Fife
    • North Fife Blog
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2009, 09:30:04 pm »
Yep, things like that put other stuff into perspective. I really hope this is it for you all now! :&>

chickens

• Joined Jan 2008
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2009, 10:13:29 pm »
Hi Kaz

I am really sorry you are having such a tough time - try to remain positive - in different ways I have had a really tough time lver the last few years and the only thing that has kept me going is by thinking of something positive everytime I start feeling down.  We do only live once and we must make the most of whatever we have - I do tend to think that things are thrown at us for a reason and that we grow stronger through experiences even though they may be terrible.

I wish you and your family well and hope that the road for recovery is well on the way now.

Kindest regards
Chickens

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2009, 12:44:06 am »
Keep your chin up, Kaz.  I have been in your place.  Always think of what will happen not what might have.  What might have happened didn't!  Your man is alive and is improving.  Everything will get better from now on.  You have a lot of friends on here - we all wish you and your family well.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2009, 06:50:23 am »
Second Annie's post, and thinking of you and your family.   :)

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Near Stirling, Central Scotland
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2009, 09:27:16 am »
I know of Morriston from my days in Wales,  I also know it's one of the best for recovery so he is in the right place.

Hope you are all well or getting better, take each day as it comes. One step at a time . Think life is a meal you can't eat it in one go, you tackle each bit and cut it up in to bite sizes and chew it up until it is all finished. Hope this forum and many of the friends on here will keep you going, and it is okay to cry sometimes :)

:hshoe: :hshoe: :hshoe: :hshoe: :hshoe: :hshoe: :hshoe: :hshoe: :hshoe: :hshoe: :hshoe:
 :bouquet:

Linz

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2009, 11:23:12 am »
Sorry to hear you are having a bad time at the moment.  Sometimes it does seem that everything is happening to you and no one else. 

We have had a terrible year, both personal and in the animal world with losses etc, and problems.  It did get me down at times, but I have pulled myself up, and carried on, but wonder what is round the corner.

Do hope things improve for you from now on.

sheila

• Joined Apr 2008
  • Mablethorpe Lincolnshire
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2009, 04:40:10 pm »
 I'm fairly new to this forum so don't really know your story but that doesn't stop me from wishing you and your family all the best!

garden cottage

• Joined Sep 2008
  • forest of dean
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2009, 06:31:09 pm »
oh kaz wish we were closer and could help you out on the holding, keep fighting and eventually things will take a turn for the better, glad hubby is on the mend youve got this far keep on being positive...............neil

Farmer

• Joined May 2009
  • Sidway, Staffordshire
    • Farmeats.com
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2009, 08:57:21 pm »
Ditto Sheila...I may be new to the forum, but reading the posts from other people regarding your situation suggests that you have had a really tough time and they care what happens to you...that's nice and if I may I'd like to add my best wishes for things to improve for you very soon.

At least when things are tough you know there are people out there (here) who would be of practical help if they could...but for now just take some time to read the topics and posts...at least that should bring a smile to your face.

Good luck to you and all of your family

Farmer (John)
 :farmer:

kaz

• Joined Jul 2008
  • Ceredigion
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2009, 05:41:56 pm »
Went a bit down hill yesterday, he couldn't walk! CT scan showed water on the brain, at this moment in time not life threatening. They tried a lumber puncture yesterday to drain fluid not successful, and again today am awaiting review as to what they are going to do, but it's likely that he will have to have a shunt, what an absolute bummer after 15 weeks.
Anyone out there had one done?

Troubled Waters

• Joined Jun 2009
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2009, 11:08:53 am »
Oh Kaz,

I'm am so sorry to hear all your news. Words are not adequate but thinking of you all.

Helen.
xx

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS