Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Murphy update!  (Read 8949 times)

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
Re: Murphy update!
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2013, 09:10:22 am »
Plums, when Archie was 'done' he wore a lampshade too but still managed to lick the important area. I watched him as much as I could but you can't keep your eyes on them the whole time.
When he went back to get the stitches taken out he had already done it himself  :roflanim:  Luckily he didn't seem to have done any harm though.
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2013, 09:14:06 am »
Really?? oh no!! glad no harm done though.  The hardest part was keeping him less active than normal, he's still meant to be on lead walks only and this is a dog that has to run and run and run..........
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2013, 08:15:00 am »
'Lead walks only' - oh, I remember that, with an active dog!  ::)  You'll have to tire him mentally, since you can't physically - show him lots of new things, do lots of little training exercises - he'll love it, and it'll tire him nearly as well as running about.

When I had my JD in the same situation, it was late summer and the blackberries were out.  I showed him how to pick blackberries and we sauntered along the hedgerows, picking and munching the blackberries as we went.   :innocent:  When he was back to fully fit, he showed the other dogs the trick, so then we'd be all 5 of us grazing the hedgerows on walks!   :D 
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2013, 10:07:22 am »
 :roflanim:  I pick berries too but my dogs watch my every move and often pick where I am picking, especaily when it comes to billberries......I have a good rucksack with a little stool, so I can sit and pick while they roam around picking, its funny.......I noticed one of the people that ownes one of our pups, has a tread mill.......that sounds something that could be used too!

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2013, 06:56:43 pm »
How did murphy's check up go, Plums?

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2013, 07:45:44 pm »
Not too bad....but they've given him an even larger lampshade, Mummyshaz!!! aaaaaaaaagh!  he has managed to remove one suture but the wound is still in tact, they gave him a shot of antibiotics and he's got to go back again tomorrow!
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2013, 08:43:25 pm »
 :o oh the little €~>%€$  :roflanim:  It is so difficult keeping clever dogs off those stitches. Get those shorts on him  ;D ( yes, really ).
If you have a large kong, keep him occupied by smearing soft cheese inside with some of his dry food. it works wonders to keep confined dogs using their brain. There are also treat balls where the dog works to get the food out.  Well worth getting one as there may be other times when mental stimulation is better than a good run. It does tire them just as much  :thumbsup:

After thinking about Murphy I took the plunge and got our cat, Frodo, castrated yesterday  ;D  He is just ignoring the fact he has nothing there now despite the two dogs turning him upwards for a look as if to keep pointing  out to him they are missing  :roflanim:

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2013, 09:00:35 pm »
When we had a small dog, he was done and that was OK but he kept trying to bonk my daughters Bedlington so I put some kids pull ups on him......mind you, sometimes his little male bit popped out!!!
Can you put an all in one baby thing on him?  I put pants on females in season before!!!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS