Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: wool coat  (Read 3034 times)

feldar

• Joined Apr 2011
  • lymington hampshire
wool coat
« on: January 11, 2013, 01:28:17 pm »
Just couldn't resist it  ::)   I have wanted a tweed coat for ages and i wanted a good one but they are soooo expensive :o   but i saw one in my size and it was in the sale, i can't really afford it, but what the hell, life's too short and i will really wear this, so i've bought it :eyelashes:   Hubby said it's ok because he knows it will get lots of use now he's looking to buy one but the one he wants is £300 :o
I don't think he will buy it, but he does keep going back to look at it!

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
Re: wool coat
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2013, 03:17:25 pm »
Keeping my fingers crossed for you  :fc:
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2013, 04:16:30 pm »
Sometimes you just have to buy something.  Glad you've found something you've wanted for ages.  Hope your OH finds one just the same but half the price.

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2013, 05:31:09 pm »
And you'll always love that coat  ;)

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2013, 09:47:01 pm »
Tweed is great.  I still have the Harris coat my Grandma gave me for my 21st birthday (48 years ago, so it's almost an antique lol) Still looks like new but doesn't go anywhere near me now and definitely not in fashion. :'(
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2013, 09:05:35 am »
I am of the mind that it's worth spending 10x as much on something that will last 10-20 years or more, since pretty much every item of clothing these days is designed to last one season only  :(
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

SteveHants

• Joined Aug 2011
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2013, 09:18:02 am »
Just couldn't resist it  ::)   I have wanted a tweed coat for ages and i wanted a good one but they are soooo expensive :o   but i saw one in my size and it was in the sale, i can't really afford it, but what the hell, life's too short and i will really wear this, so i've bought it :eyelashes:   Hubby said it's ok because he knows it will get lots of use now he's looking to buy one but the one he wants is £300 :o
I don't think he will buy it, but he does keep going back to look at it!

You are going to have to take up shooting now, buy a labrador, range rover, hunter wellies.... :P

NormandyMary

• Joined Apr 2011
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2013, 04:10:28 pm »
I still havent worn the wax jacket my hubby bought me in November, simply cos I love it so much, I dont want to get it dirty!!! Enjoy your new coat. Make sure your hubby takes you out loads to show it off!

feldar

• Joined Apr 2011
  • lymington hampshire
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2013, 08:53:43 am »
 :roflanim: :roflanim:
Me out shooting Ha ha that's a good one with my eyesight i could miss a barn!!

ppd

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Sutherland
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2013, 06:00:09 pm »
Feldar, I think of the cost of clothing as £s per wear, so a new dress at even £20 seems a bit of a waste as I hardly ever wear one, but a lovely tweed coat or something that I know I will wear lots then I do not mind spending a good bit of money, eg wellies - worn every day and can last a couple of years so at £80+ for comfy and warm seems like a good deal to me ;D ;D ;D

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS