Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Peak District  (Read 1036 times)

HelenVF

• Joined Apr 2012
Peak District
« on: January 14, 2013, 09:17:49 am »
I always seem to be posting for help at the moment, but you are such a nice and knowledegable bunch, I thought someone on here might know.

We are thinking of having a large family holiday (not set in stone yet) for a weekend.  Half way between us, and my brother, is about South Peak District.  We don't know the area at all, having only driven to Matlock to pick up dogs in the past. 

There will be 7 adults and 5 children, ranging from 2 to 11.  We are not really sure in what type of accommodation we want - either somewhere with a few cottages, a large house, or even a log cabin type place.

What areas do we need to look at?  We are all fairly active, but probably won't want to do a 11 mile walk or anything.

Appreciate any help.

Old Shep

• Joined Feb 2011
  • North Yorkshire
Re: Peak District
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2013, 10:58:50 am »
We had a weekend here http://www.wheeldontreesfarm.co.uk/  Not the cheapest but very hgh standards!  Dogs welcome too - but lots of very free range hens around!
Helen - (used to be just Shep).  Gordon Setters, Border Collies and chief lambing assistant to BigBennyShep.

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2013, 01:02:11 pm »
one place to start could be here, just click on the "where to stay" section...

http://www.visitpeakdistrict.com

some nice caravan/camping sites around Carsington reservoir, and lots of barn conversion type cottages in the area generally.

We only have room for about a 6 man tent on our back garden... ;)
Little Blue

HelenVF

• Joined Apr 2012
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2013, 05:04:25 pm »
Thanks both of you.  I did have a look at visitpeakdistrict but it's knowing which location is the best one for what we need.

Helen

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS