Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: So excited  (Read 8372 times)

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
Re: So excited
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2013, 12:59:12 pm »
Sorry, Alistair, I'm only offering a handwoven scarf as payment.  ;D   Must ring my friend and see if she'll take me.

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2013, 01:01:50 pm »
 :wave:

goosepimple

• Joined May 2010
  • nr Lauder, Scottish Borders
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2013, 01:31:07 pm »
I don't really know what it is exactly but you are so excited, I'm excited for you  :excited:
registered soay, castlemilk moorit  and north ronaldsay sheep, pygmy goats, steinbacher geese, muscovy ducks, various hens, lots of visiting mallards, a naughty border collie, a puss and a couple of guinea pigs

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2013, 05:06:37 pm »
Thanks, GP.  A four shaft loom is one that, strangely enough, has four shafts so you can lift them in different combinations to make different patterns.  The basic pattern is called tabby and is the straightforward over one thread, under one thread that you would get with a weaving frame and a shuttle or weaving needle or on a rigid heddle loom but there are loads of different patterns.  It's even possible to weave a tube or a folded piece of work joined on either side with a four shaft (Or even more on an 8 shaft).  See it being done on Weaving on Ashford Table Loom

Still wiggling my toes in excitement but I'll give the emoticons a miss for now in respect of those who can't cope with so many.   ;)

Blinkers

• Joined Jan 2008
  • Carmarthenshire
  • Carmarthenshire/Pembrokeshire border
    • Glyn Elwyn - Faithmead Herd
    • Facebook
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2013, 05:22:17 pm »
How wonderful is that - and you can't get a better bargain than a freeby  :thumbsup: . Very excited for you  :excited: .
Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again !!
www.glynelwyn.co.uk

goosepimple

• Joined May 2010
  • nr Lauder, Scottish Borders
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2013, 07:41:19 pm »
Requires focus I can see Mad, that'll keep you off the streets anyway.

Looking forward to seeing lots of tubes in various colours, great fun and the possibilities are endless.  Rattle down all your old jerseys and make ... well stuff! Brilliant!  :excited:
registered soay, castlemilk moorit  and north ronaldsay sheep, pygmy goats, steinbacher geese, muscovy ducks, various hens, lots of visiting mallards, a naughty border collie, a puss and a couple of guinea pigs

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2013, 10:05:03 pm »
I'm starting on scarves just til I get into the swing of it again and am happy with my edges, then the sky's the limit.  I used to weave clothes by making rectangles and sewing them together.  I still have my book of patterns so I could have a new coat soon.

Didn't get offered the spinning wheel but you can't win them all.

SmallTimeSmallholder

• Joined Dec 2011
  • South East
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2013, 11:02:38 pm »

>Didn't get offered the spinning wheel but you can't win them all.< quote MGM

Never mind MGM, half your luck with the loom!!  :D

Happy weaving!!  :excited:

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2013, 11:57:41 pm »
All arranged.  Hope to collect next week.   :excited: :excited:

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2013, 12:10:56 am »
Great news, it's going to be a drawn-out week  :tired:  but oh soooo worth itb :thumbsup:

Dans

• Joined Jun 2012
  • Spalding
    • Six Oaks
    • Facebook
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2013, 12:45:46 am »
 :excited: Excited for you! Looking forward to photos!

Dans
9 sheep, 24 chickens, 3 cats, a toddler and a baby on the way

www.sixoaks.co.uk

www.facebook.com/pg/sixoakssmallholding

www.goodlife.sixoaks.co.uk

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2013, 05:14:50 pm »
I always make a mental list of what I would like, even events to happen, I think its cosmic ordering, so far, I have had everything on that list except a Landrover Defender but I do know I could buy one!!!
I think free stuff is wonderful, not only due to the money you save but its like you are giving a deserving home to something unwanted....our house is full of unwanted things...not my husband, I want him :innocent:

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2013, 10:55:55 pm »
The lady who offered the loom to me said that it had obviously been loved in the past and deserved to be loved again.  Hoping to collect on Tuesday.  Watch this space.   :excited:

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2013, 11:32:12 pm »
Items which come free are often not as valued as those we pay for, but it sounds as if you will love this loom MGM  :thumbsup: :)
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

SmallTimeSmallholder

• Joined Dec 2011
  • South East
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2013, 11:39:37 pm »
The lady who offered the loom to me said that it had obviously been loved in the past and deserved to be loved again.   

I think that's a lovely way to look at things. When ever something in our house comes to the end of our use of it, I always try to pass it onto someone else who might get the same amount of joy out of it  :D  it's definitely the way forward!  ;D
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 11:52:34 pm by SmallTimeSmallholder »

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS