Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Spinning day in Feb/March?  (Read 2652 times)

Mel Rice

• Joined Sep 2011
Spinning day in Feb/March?
« on: January 06, 2013, 06:01:10 am »
Im over in the UK in February and into early March (greeting the new grandson!)
Does anyone know of a spinning day or someone that might offer one around the Bradford /Leeds area?
If any one on here could offer a day I will hopefully have a car and am visiting family from Nottingham up to Middleham/Leyburn.

jaykay

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cumbria/N Yorks border
Re: Spinning day in Feb/March?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2013, 07:02:52 am »
I'm about 45 mins from Leyburn. One of the Saturdays either end of February half-term here (9th or 16th) would be a possibility here. SallyITN and MammyShaz might be able to get here? Who else is near enough?

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2013, 08:33:14 am »
shame I am too far away jaykay. i would have loved to come
Sally
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

jaykay

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cumbria/N Yorks border
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2013, 10:27:14 am »
Yeh, you are a bit, that's a shame  :-\

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2013, 11:26:05 am »
16th Feb will be our Guild meeting, Jay.

quiltycats would be localish for Leyburn too, I think?

As far as I know, 9th Feb would be okay for me, although we'll have had our Fibre Friday the afternoon before in Gilsland Village Hall so I may feel a bit awkward about taking two consecutive days 'off' for spinning...

Mel, you would be more than welcome to come join us in Gilsland on the Friday afternoon (8th Feb, 1-5pm)  - if there were sufficient TASers wanting to come to make a special of it I can hire the upstairs room too, which is vast.

Another potential rendezvous would be the Stanhope group, which is 11-3:30 in Stanhope Town Hall, every Wednesday. 

I was about to apologise to Jay and other wage slaves at all these weekday suggestions, then realised Jay would be on half-term for Weds Feb 13th - would Stanhope suit on that day?  We'd have to check with Carol if more than one or two TASers who aren't already known to her were coming just for the TAS meet aspect - but I expect she'd welcome us with open arms.

Mel - do you Ravel?  If you can find welcoming spinning meets nearer to Bradford / Leeds (there are bound to be several - you could ask in UK Spinners) then you could post the details here and invite TASers in the area and able to get to join you there.
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

quiltycats

• Joined Nov 2012
  • Ooop North
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2013, 07:16:39 pm »
Middleham is lovely..I'd be willing to host a mini-meet if you all fancy it...

jaykay

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cumbria/N Yorks border
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2013, 08:23:16 pm »
Quiltycats are you in Middleham? That would be by far the best by the sound of it. Stanhope and Gilsland are quite some way from where Mel will be. Even further than I am.

Can I make a plea for a weekend, if not the week of Feb 11-15th, as some of us have to go to work  :-\ and I'd love to join in.

quiltycats

• Joined Nov 2012
  • Ooop North
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2013, 09:13:58 pm »
 :innocent: No, but close enough to be fairly central for a few folk if my calculations are correct. If any one else would be interested PM me and we can sort something out that suits as many as poss.

SmallTimeSmallholder

• Joined Dec 2011
  • South East
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2013, 11:15:03 pm »
Sounds like a lovely day ladies, but I'm far too far away, otherwise I would have loved to have joined you. Hope you have a great day though. :hug:

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2013, 12:16:53 am »
Same for me.   :(

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2013, 04:15:18 am »
Google Maps says Middleham is 100 miles each way for me, so more than 4 hours round trip in the car.  Which isn't a No, but it's not-ever-so-likely, sorry - not in the winter when the days are short and there's a lot of work to do on the farm.
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Mel Rice

• Joined Sep 2011
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2013, 04:39:00 pm »
Thanks all for the invites I hope to be able to meet up at least on one of the dates.
I am arriving in Bradford on the 6th Feb and will be staying there but have two more children in Middleham, my M&D and another daughter in Nottingham, hence the range of options. I hope to firm up an invite date and it would be great to meet up with a few other TASers But a lot of my plans depend on when my grandson decides to arrive as I am supposed to be my daughters birth partner! ( hes due on the 11th but first babies are often late)

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS