Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Scottish National Poultry Show 19th - 20th January 2013  (Read 14039 times)

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
Re: Scottish National Poultry Show 19th - 20th January 2013
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2013, 08:59:07 am »
No, but I was only there for a little while, and they were still judging, so people were floating around in odd places. And they weren't selling catalogue's. So going back today to get a catalogue, see who won what, and see if anything new came in for sale this morning.

Got exactly what I wanted for sale yesterday- pleased to bits!

Goosepimple, there were a pair of Steinbacher geese for sale, but I was in the selling pens by 10:30 and they were already sold. I'll give you some contact details once I have the catalogue.

Beth

goosepimple

• Joined May 2010
  • nr Lauder, Scottish Borders
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2013, 09:14:28 am »
Thank you Beth, that would be really appreciated, thanks so much.  :thumbsup:
registered soay, castlemilk moorit  and north ronaldsay sheep, pygmy goats, steinbacher geese, muscovy ducks, various hens, lots of visiting mallards, a naughty border collie, a puss and a couple of guinea pigs

bigchicken

• Joined Nov 2008
  • Fife Scotland
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2013, 08:28:55 pm »
Well come on who went and what did you think, I went on the Sunday for a couple of hours for a look especially the Scots Grey bantams and the Wyandotte bantams. I met a couple of folk I knew who both did well with there birds and got a business card of the chap selling show cages.

Shetland sheep, Castlemilk Moorits sheep, Hebridean sheep, Scots Grey Bantams, Scots Dumpy Bantams. Shetland Ducks.

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2013, 08:41:34 pm »
I am afraid the snow (and more so the predicted showers that didn't really materialise until today)meant that I didn't make it  :-\ ... Can't afford to trash the car just now....

bigchicken

• Joined Nov 2008
  • Fife Scotland
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2013, 08:54:20 pm »
Yes Anke I was thinking along the same line but there was very little snow to speak of in the end, a lot of the southern exhibitors we're concerned about the long journey home what with the snow being forecast.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 03:28:09 pm by bigchicken »
Shetland sheep, Castlemilk Moorits sheep, Hebridean sheep, Scots Grey Bantams, Scots Dumpy Bantams. Shetland Ducks.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS