Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Leftovers recipes  (Read 15062 times)

Carl f k

• Joined Aug 2012
Re: Leftovers recipes
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2013, 08:55:43 pm »
If any of you see my FB page you will see the amount of food I get very cheaply, often 10p for each item, most is made into soups or stews that will be either eaten as a meal or used in stocks for other meals, mu husband loves to take soup to work now instead of bread, we hardly waste anything except the odd moldy thing or soggy thing, we also had loads of fruit for 10p a bag and I made some spiced fruit and froze loads to take out for bread and butter puddings, crumbles, on our porrage etc etc,,,,,,,there are lots of people who read the sell buy date then throw away....sad really. Our dogs often have mackeril or something fishy...I have a freezer full of lovely stuff !!

What's your FB page Sandy?

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2013, 09:03:15 pm »
http://www.facebook.com/SandyMaaryDavison   I slipped when I wrote Mary........just look for me with dogs..I am just about to change my profile to dogs again...I have labs!!!!!!

Carl f k

• Joined Aug 2012
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2013, 09:14:42 pm »
Love the lab with sunglasses  :roflanim:

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2013, 09:17:01 pm »
They only had them on for the photo shoot  ;)

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2013, 10:11:34 pm »
Sandy, I've just put a freind request.  I'm Lesley Silvester in my other life.

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2013, 10:19:41 pm »
A number of supermarkets give their food that has reached its sell by date to local charities.  When I used to work for the Shaftesbury Society, we would go to M&S on a Saturday at closing time and come back with crates of all sorts - only for the residents, the staff were not to take it home (depending who was on duty  ;) ).  A friend of mine here collects food for the Salvation army to use in their work with the homeless in this area and one or two other charities.  Once she had several boxes of bananas that were still green but had to go as they'd reached their SBD.  Ridiculous.  Between Christmas and New Year she had loads of bread and buns and no one to take it in as they were closed for the break.

I have lots of bread and buns in my freezer  ;) .

I hate food waste and it'sjust not necessary in most cases.  I've opened yoghurt months after it went out of date and it's been fine.  Come to that, archaeologists have found tinned food still edible after hundreds of years.  We bought a freezer from my neighbour and she asked me to throw away the contents as they had been in there more than a year.  We've nearly finished eating it.

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2013, 10:42:48 pm »
Arhhhh Lesley...I talk to you often and did not know it...I feel the love...and the fire and the wine....... :love:

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2013, 10:49:54 pm »
Steve, my husband used to work with the Salvation Army and used to take food around to homeless, all from places likeM&S and outdoor  stuff like coats and sleeping bags...he also worked durring the Christmas period in London where they had very posh food.......We live cheaply and also have a freezer full of buns & them things I can never spell that the French have with coffee for breakfast...beginning with. q :rant:

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2013, 10:31:21 am »
Croissants (phonetic -  qurassons)
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

in the hills

• Joined Feb 2012
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2013, 11:25:59 am »
 :trophy:  Thank you MGW of M, making your Poultry pie today.

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2013, 11:34:26 am »
Thanks for that...I always struggle with that one.  And of course the word for not being able to get off the toilet :-J  but no need to spell that out today as I am fine and those that are not do not want to be reminded :innocent:

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2013, 11:42:49 am »
 :roflanim:
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2013, 05:42:06 pm »
:trophy:  Thank you MGW of M, making your Poultry pie today.

Hope you enjoy it.   :yum:

deepinthewoods

« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2013, 05:56:09 pm »
how about a nice healthy ceaser salad, lovely.

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2013, 06:28:31 pm »
Me and my husband love any salad.....a nice bit or meat or fish and its our ideal meal......just need to add a bit pudding!! :innocent:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS