Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: British Blue x Jersey Heifer for sale, Market Drayton  (Read 9282 times)

shropshire_blue

• Joined Nov 2011
  • Dorset BH21
    • Making Life Exciting Again...
Re: British Blue x Jersey Heifer for sale, Market Drayton
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2013, 06:22:54 pm »
Deposit taken from a member here.

TheCaptain

• Joined May 2010
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2013, 07:49:39 pm »
I sold my beautiful BB x Jersey at market a few weeks ago (end of Nov) 16 month old heifer for £638. Hope that helps?

happy larry

• Joined Apr 2011
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2013, 09:24:28 pm »
At the risk of being shot down in flames ::) , i went to view wendy today,i took along a very experienced cow man to be my advisor(im pretty green regarding cattle)before we arrived i said to jim if shes not right,pull me out.Anyway we arrived at Neils place who took us into the shed,we were greeted by 2 of the friendliest cows i have come across.After a brief chat i paid my deposit,i didn't need to confer with Jim i was over the moon this cow was in such good condition and everything shropshire blue had said about her was spot on.On the journey home i said, well mate have i done well or what,he replied that cow would make at least £650 at market,so no wonder i was buzzing all the way home.Subject to the tb test shes all mine.shropshire blue those 2 beast are a credit to you.Paul

shropshire_blue

• Joined Nov 2011
  • Dorset BH21
    • Making Life Exciting Again...
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2013, 10:25:14 pm »
Thanks Paul!  I've had 'the chat' with Wendy about what will be expected of her when she meets Fred the bull, and she's a little nervous but excited at the same time.

Could you ask Jim what he reckons Arthur would be worth at market please?

Glad you're happy, and hope you enjoyed your dinner...

happy larry

• Joined Apr 2011
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2013, 10:40:48 pm »
Your welcome Neil,i only give honest feedback,i will ask jim in the morning.I put that meal in the freezer as i had my tea ready for tonight,and will be having a fry up tomorrow.I can see me buying some of your sheep if you do decide to sell any.

woollyval

• Joined Feb 2008
  • Near Bodmin, Cornwall
    • Val Grainger
    • Facebook
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2013, 11:44:20 pm »
 :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: must be some heifer!!!!! well done all concerned :trophy:
www.valgrainger.co.uk

Overall winner of the Devon Environmental Business Awards 2009

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS