Re: Kilts
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2012, 12:24:51 pm »
 :roflanim: :roflanim: Never crossed my mind about the midges

Donald

• Joined Dec 2009
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2012, 01:16:08 pm »
Hello,

So the kilt I've got is not Scottish and it really is an adaptation  meant to be a work garment. It's from Bläklader, which make work clothes. I got the idea in my craw this summer up there in Sweden, driving through a section of the road that was under construction and one of the road crew had his on - a florescent, reflective model. Yes, it is breezy but even though it's cold out and I'm at work in the unheated barn, I don't experience it as being cold for the most part. That picture is just a blown-up version of a very small one so that's why the distortion but it's the only one I have now.

Greetings,

Don Wagstaff

feldar

• Joined Apr 2011
  • lymington hampshire
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2012, 01:23:09 pm »
A florescent reflective kilt, that has to be a first on here   :o   but what a great idea! they're good a that sort of thing the Swedes.
I would think going over hurdles would be easier too, my hubby has ripped the crotch out of every pair of work trousers he has.

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2012, 01:45:53 pm »
Feldar,
You will need to buy him a kilt for christmas then  ;D
Sally
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

Donald

• Joined Dec 2009
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2012, 02:39:51 pm »
Going over hurdles. Bulls-eye. I think that's the essence of what it's about, lack of restriction. And I'm waiting to try it out shingling up on the roof later on this year. I think that's when the true appreciation will come.

Doesn't seem to be anyone else willing to pipe in who's using a kilt. 'cept for maybe this fellow. :unwell:

And that's the first time ever using one of those midget figures for me - and the last.

Greetings,

Don Wagstaff

goosepimple

• Joined May 2010
  • nr Lauder, Scottish Borders
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2012, 05:42:42 pm »
Appreciation when you're up there on the roof eh?  :innocent:  Is that from sheep below?  8)

If they're so unrestrictive in the hurdles event, wonder why we ladies wear breeks.

And I'd like to see how well a flourescent lookalike would go down here with Scottish roadworkers!      :rant: 

Still haven't had an answer on your knitted pants Donal'  :knit:
registered soay, castlemilk moorit  and north ronaldsay sheep, pygmy goats, steinbacher geese, muscovy ducks, various hens, lots of visiting mallards, a naughty border collie, a puss and a couple of guinea pigs

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2012, 06:25:37 pm »

goosepimple, is that emoticon you knitting the pants for Donald?
Sally

Donald

• Joined Dec 2009
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2012, 06:31:36 pm »
Up on the roof we're not concerned with what or who's down below.
I thought that little figure was wearing one of these berets with the pompom on top like they wear in Scotland, chewing on a stock of wheat,  but now at a second look can see it's a head with a hot water bottle balancing up there and thermometer under its tong - oh boy. See, I'm so unskilled at making messages including little expressive figures to convey sentiment.
And I'm still milling over how far I want to go now with any deeper revelations concerning kilt wearing etiquette.

Greetings,

Don Wagstaff

goosepimple

• Joined May 2010
  • nr Lauder, Scottish Borders
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2012, 07:43:25 pm »

goosepimple, is that emoticon you knitting the pants for Donald?
Sally

yes, don't think I'll need more than one ball of wool do you - and would pink be the right colour for the nearly nude look Sally  ;D
registered soay, castlemilk moorit  and north ronaldsay sheep, pygmy goats, steinbacher geese, muscovy ducks, various hens, lots of visiting mallards, a naughty border collie, a puss and a couple of guinea pigs

fiestyredhead331

• Joined Sep 2012
  • NW Highlands
    • Facebook
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2012, 01:36:38 am »
have you got any barbed wire fencing......  :-J
keeper of goats, sheep, pigs, ducks, chickens, turkeys, dogs, cats, goldfish and children, just don't ask me which is the most work!

Donald

• Joined Dec 2009
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2012, 07:03:36 am »
Hello,

With unrestricted freedom of movement even nasty barbed wire doesn't intimidate me.

Greetings,

Don Wagstaff

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2012, 07:45:09 am »
Donald you sound like a mans man  :roflanim:
Sally

Donald

• Joined Dec 2009
« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2012, 08:55:36 am »
In a skirt, no less.

fiestyredhead331

• Joined Sep 2012
  • NW Highlands
    • Facebook
« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2012, 10:38:21 am »
Hello,

With unrestricted freedom of movement even nasty barbed wire doesn't intimidate me.

Greetings,

Don Wagstaff

wasn't worried about it intimidating you, just ripping your delicate places to shreds  :o
keeper of goats, sheep, pigs, ducks, chickens, turkeys, dogs, cats, goldfish and children, just don't ask me which is the most work!

Donald

• Joined Dec 2009
« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2012, 11:01:34 am »
As with all men's men when approaching barbed wire with thought of an imminent crossing and armed with the knowledge that as a kilt wearer I'll suffer no restriction in my effort to clear the pricks without hinderance or risk of a snag there, wire fences, without barb or well barbed, are not a concern.
Greetings,

Don Wagstaff

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS