Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Kilts  (Read 12207 times)

Donald

• Joined Dec 2009
Kilts
« on: December 18, 2012, 07:37:57 pm »
Hello,

In the "Equipment" register, it might be rightly queried. Still, clothes do facilitate the necessary work. It could just as easily go over footwear or good gloves or braces... I don't know. Well I've just had a kilt for the first time and am getting used to the whole thing. It sure makes slipping on the rubber boots simple. No more jamming the pant legs down there. Does anyone else use them?

Greetings,

Don Wagstaff
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 09:26:01 pm by Donald »

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
Re: Kilts
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2012, 08:41:45 pm »
Donald can we see a pic of you in the kilt?
Sally
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2012, 08:53:17 pm »
Dan bought a kilt recently - he looks fab in it but I'd kill him if I caught him wearing it round the smallholding. If he wants one for working, he'll need to get a second best one  ;D

Donald

• Joined Dec 2009
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2012, 09:24:31 pm »
Sure thing...

It's for work, from a Swedish firm, got a lot of pockets and pouches all over the place.

Greetings,

Don Wagstaff
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 07:24:48 am by Donald »

mojocafa

• Joined Sep 2012
  • Angus
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2012, 09:28:21 pm »
When the wind blows high and the wind blows low,
through the streets in a kilt i'll go
All the lassies shout hello
Donald whars yer troosers
pygmy goats, gsd, border collie, scots dumpys, cochins, araucanas, shetland ducks and geese,  marrans, and pea fowl in a pear tree.

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2012, 08:01:53 am »
Donald, don't your knees get cold?
I can understand it being easier to remove wellies but other than that I would have thought the kilt more awkward.
I wear leggins most of the time simply because it so much easier to get boots on and off. As they fit tightly on the legs there is no material to fold when getting boots on.
Sally

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2012, 08:44:02 am »
Donald, don't your knees get cold?
I can understand it being easier to remove wellies but other than that I would have thought the kilt more awkward.
I wear leggins most of the time simply because it so much easier to get boots on and off. As they fit tightly on the legs there is no material to fold when getting boots on.
Sally

Dan says it's really warm. And anyway, can you imagine a bloke in leggings?  :roflanim:

Mel Rice

• Joined Sep 2011
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2012, 08:59:09 am »
The Kilt looks great.   I tend to find its the fatty bit on your thighs and bum that gets cold, so a kilt is ideal to cover that bit.

As to trews I always wear an extra pair of socks over the ends of mine just to ease boot getting on. I tend to struggle with the calf size of ALL boots so tucking the jogging bottem legs in carfully first works well.

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2012, 09:02:24 am »
Needless to say, men look very good in kilts  :love: but I doubt many, if any women on here actually wear a skirt to work in or even very often....the current trend for leggings and long jumpers has even reached me, not worn a skirt for ages!!!...although I often think if a lady needs a wee wee in the wood a skirt would be far more dignified!!

Nice on Donald....can we have another piccie PLEASE?

quiltycats

• Joined Nov 2012
  • Ooop North
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2012, 10:21:31 am »
7 yards or so of woollen fabric wrapped round your bum and legs, pleated to trap air .....sounds quite warm really when you think about it that way. But then I do long for the Edwardian style skirts, complete with layers of petticoats and a pinny to come back into fashion..those had to be warmer than cold denims...

deepinthewoods

« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2012, 10:51:44 am »
i wear long johns, do you want a picture of that????

no, i didnt think so.... :-J

goosepimple

• Joined May 2010
  • nr Lauder, Scottish Borders
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2012, 10:53:38 am »
Big question is ......(drumroll).....what are you wearing under yer kilt Donal' ? and don't polish those wellies or everyone might see.

Friends wee boy was wearing pampers under his (he's 2) but we though that would be quite cosy thermal insulation.  Just a suggestion Donald  ;)  Knitted pants may also be attractive (sure someone must have some nice freshly spun rare breed fleece for you there).
registered soay, castlemilk moorit  and north ronaldsay sheep, pygmy goats, steinbacher geese, muscovy ducks, various hens, lots of visiting mallards, a naughty border collie, a puss and a couple of guinea pigs

goosepimple

• Joined May 2010
  • nr Lauder, Scottish Borders
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2012, 10:55:57 am »
Your picture is a bit fuzzy by the way - it looks like you are walking at speed behind some school benches to me or it could be the head of a giant turkey - is that you Donal' ?
registered soay, castlemilk moorit  and north ronaldsay sheep, pygmy goats, steinbacher geese, muscovy ducks, various hens, lots of visiting mallards, a naughty border collie, a puss and a couple of guinea pigs

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2012, 10:57:06 am »
Just a suggestion Donald  ;)  Knitted pants may also be attractive (sure someone must have some nice freshly spun rare breed fleece for you there).
Don't you think this might be just a bit itchy in the nether regions?
Sally

fiestyredhead331

• Joined Sep 2012
  • NW Highlands
    • Facebook
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2012, 11:15:00 am »
aye and just wait til the ticks and midgies start in spring  :roflanim:
keeper of goats, sheep, pigs, ducks, chickens, turkeys, dogs, cats, goldfish and children, just don't ask me which is the most work!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS