Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Face Cream  (Read 8292 times)

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
Re: Face Cream
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2012, 09:58:36 pm »
I didn't use anything for years - no make up, no moisturisers, no sunscreen.  Now I use Dermol which is a prescription emolient for very, very dry skin, twice a day.  My mum looks incredibly young for her age (82) but I don't seem to have inherited those genes.  Huge bags under my eyes and lots of laughter lines (sounds better than wrinkles).  Since I've lost loads of weight, I look older.  Or maybe that's just the pain I'm in causing the haggard look.

Polished Arrow

• Joined Mar 2012
  • Forest of Dean
  • www.cinderhilllfarm.com
    • www.cinderhillfarm.com
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2012, 11:19:31 pm »
I use soap and water, twice a day.  Have done for 50 years.  There's not a wrinkle in sight  :)

But, as and when I do get wrinkles, I shall wear them with pride.  I'll expect people to know how wise I am now that I know how little I know.  I shall expect seats on buses and to have heavy doors opened for me.  I shall perfect my pastry techniques and allow myself to let loose my battyness just a few degrees more strongly than I do already.  And I shall expect myself to make time for those who don't get much time spent on them, and to increase to 5 the number of cats in my life and always, always have Werthers sweeties in my pocket.
 :sofa:

www.cinderhillfarm.com

We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are.
Anais Nin

Sylvia

• Joined Aug 2009
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2012, 09:07:30 am »
How strange this ageing thing is! It's a bit like adolescense, you know you're one thing but others think differently.
At first when, usually adolescents, offer you their seat on the bus or rush, with anxiety, to lift or carry something a bit heavy for you or ask "are you o.k." when crossing a road you are torn between gratitude and smacking them on the nose :o :o
My children/nieces/nephews etc. are forever 'phoning me to ask if I am well, warm enough, have enough to eat, shall they come up to carry gas bottles or bring me shopping.(They know better than to lecture me on too many dogs >:( )
I accept all this now for what it is and resist the urge to become defensive or surly.
For I am 62 and all the lotions and potions in the world won't change that.  'Nor, to be truthful, would I want them to. I am happy with my age and don't fear getting older as I'm afraid so many do who try to keep it at bay with said lotions and potions.
Jim and my (younger) grandchildren and my dogs think I am beautiful and that's enough for me :) :)

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2012, 06:29:14 pm »
So true..........its good to pretend to be a batty old lady to get away with things, and maybe not so much pretending for me any more!!! ha aha   :roflanim:  I would love 5 cats again.....then if I miss the toilet I can blame the cats  :innocent:   I think men can look more attractive wrinkly...I mean my current crush is Daniel James Bond Craige  CORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR, and he is very unironed!!!

jaykay

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cumbria/N Yorks border
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2012, 06:35:01 pm »
You sound like you've got some good, caring youngsters in your family Sylvia  :thumbsup:

MGM, they say after a certain age that it's your bum or your face - I understand by that that the extra fat plumps out your face, so you have to decide if to be svelte and wrinkly or fat and smoother  ::)

Mind you, I can't remember which witty woman said it, but I always think of it when I'm bemoaning how fat I've got; 'I choose my face, since more people have to look at that. By the time someone is looking at my bum, they've already decided they like me'  ;)

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2012, 06:40:35 pm »
 :roflanim: :roflanim:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS