Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: OMG, I can't wait  (Read 4653 times)

ppd

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Sutherland
Re: OMG, I can't wait
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2012, 08:21:54 pm »
.....and I still think back to Jamie Oliver's school dinners and the poor kids who did not even recognise a potato in its natural state, never mind a pid or a lamb :(

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2012, 10:17:32 am »
Pauline, we didn't have roast potatoes this time as OH wanted a change so I did mashed. (How could anyone want a change from roast?)
However, I did roast with pig fat last time and the potatoes were fab.
I agree with you about the gravy it was delicious. I had just finished the bottle of red wine so added a bit of cider to mine.
At lunch time I am going to have a pulled pork sandwich with apple sauce,  ;D
Sally
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

Alistair

• Joined Sep 2012
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2012, 10:42:33 am »
Ppd, not sure I'd recognise a pid in its natural state either?

Ina

• Joined Feb 2012
  • South Aberdeenshire
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2012, 11:10:13 am »
Ppd, not sure I'd recognise a pid in its natural state either?

:D Come on, it's only two keys out...

ppd

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Sutherland
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2012, 01:29:06 pm »
Ooops :D

NormandyMary

• Joined Apr 2011
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2012, 03:16:45 pm »
That dinner sounds just WONDERFUL. I so love pork, its almost becoming my favourite meat. Its so versatile too isnt it?
We had pork last night too, spare rib chops marinaded in Louisiana Hickory Smoked glaze. It was totally delicious. We had them with cauliflower cheese, an absolute favourite of mine.
I have to admit that Ive never cooked red cabbage, only ever pickled it, so hints and tips would be great. I hear its good with apple is that right?

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2012, 04:07:32 pm »
Mary,
I find that braised red cabbage is quite flexible and you can bung in a bit of what you fancy. Every recipe that I have read puts onions in but I have never done that.
Yesterday it was red cabbage, a diced cooking apple, the prunes soaked in brandy (usually this would be just plain sultanas or raisins), some brown sugar, a bit of mixed spice and some cider that I was drinking at the time so we shared it  ;D
I put it in the oven on a low heat, 150 fan oven for about 2.5 hours. You can also cook it slowly on the hob and it turns out the same. It is great with any meat and lovely for a christmas dinner and reheats well.
 I would definitely experiement with some if I were you.
Sally

Sudanpan

• Joined Jan 2009
  • West Cornwall
    • Movement is Life
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2012, 07:00:54 pm »
We had slow cooked pork chops in an onion, tomato and bean sauce tonight - the bones fell off the meat when it was ready  :excited:

Just the ticket as we are stuck inside with the wind howling outside and STILL tipping down with rain. The really bad bit is with the wind in this particular direction and this strong (40mph gusts) we can't have our woodburner lit as the smoke comes gushing down the chimney  :rant:  Good news is our underfloor heating is doing the trick  :thumbsup:

deepinthewoods

« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2012, 07:04:54 pm »
im in the same boat,sudanpan, neither burner wants to play ball. im ignoring them now, they hate that.

ppd

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Sutherland
« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2012, 04:31:45 pm »
 :excited: :excited: I am having the 6 hour roast pork tonight! Cooking for my Mum and Dad and have been raving about it so it better be as fantastic as the last one :fc: :fc:

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2012, 04:55:11 pm »
I am sure you won't need to keep your fingers crossed. It will be great. My mouth is watering.
Sally

ppd

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Sutherland
« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2012, 07:13:50 pm »
 :wave: Thanks Sally - it was delicious as always :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS