Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Just had to report an owner to the RSPCA  (Read 10755 times)

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
Re: Just had to report an owner to the RSPCA
« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2012, 04:02:17 pm »
Well done, Alistair.  :bouquet: People like that need to be stopped.
When my ex and I had a spinning and weaving workshop, he often spun dog hair. It's not the easiest to spin and a lot of people mix is with sheep's wool which helps.  We had regular visitors to the island who had a rough collie which was very well groomed.  I made them several items from their dog hair, hand spun. 
Just use the combings though, as the outer hairs are too stiff.  We once had customers with a Newfoundland, who wanted some hair spun.  The ex explained that it had to be combings only, not trimmings and they went off having chosen what they wanted made and promising to post a bundle of hair to us.  When it arrived, it was a mixture of trimmings and combings.  It came out like a soft barbed wire.  While I was knitting the required jumper, the hairs kept working their way through several layers of clothes and stabbing me.  And when I got undressed at night, my ex commented on my hairy chest.   :roflanim:
He has also spun poodle (not easy) and I still have a couple of balls of yarn from my own, much loved border collie.

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
Re: Just had to report an owner to the RSPCA
« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2012, 07:07:24 pm »
I'm eager to give it a go now. I think I'll need to comb him before he goes for walks for the best chance of sweeter smelling air rather than sludgy mud scented .  :knit:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS