Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: 2 Mice In 2 Days  (Read 1959 times)

Dicky

• Joined Oct 2012
2 Mice In 2 Days
« on: November 30, 2012, 02:20:50 pm »
Having never caught anything before our two dogs have now caught 2 mice from our barn in 2 days.  The first one yesterday was very quickly dispatched by our GS X Husky, and I came in the barn today after feeding the chickens to find Poppy the Jack Russell chewing another one up.  Very proud of them I am.  Hopefully they'll soon get the rat/rats that come in to the chicken run most nights.

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
Re: 2 Mice In 2 Days
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2012, 02:42:37 pm »
Well done, I think dogs usualy eat them so quick you may not have noticed before, I used to hate to see the cats we had years ago feed the dogs mice and just catch the tails going down!!

Dicky

• Joined Oct 2012
Re: 2 Mice In 2 Days
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2012, 02:48:20 pm »
Quite possible, they do love a bit of raw meat and bone.  They had a chicken foot and wing each the other day which they loved, and a few weeks ago they were in heaven with some off cuts of a roe deer that I butchered.  Still got a few bones in the freezer for them, might have to get some out as a reward.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS