Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: New beds (plant ones that it)  (Read 1721 times)

escapedtothecountry

• Joined Feb 2012
  • www.escapedtothecountry.com
    • Escaped to the Country
New beds (plant ones that it)
« on: October 23, 2012, 08:04:30 pm »
Today I spent a little time playing with the rotovator so that I can start getting some new flower beds ready (given possibility of frost later this week). Not the most interesting looking thing in the world - but when the 2,500 or so daffodil bulbs; alliums and so on. Must remember to put the bulbs in deep enough to keep the rabbits away!

Ask me next spring if it's worth it!

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
Re: New beds (plant ones that it)
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2012, 08:59:52 pm »
Looks a good start and it should be stupendous in the spring.  Don't forget the photos then.

escapedtothecountry

• Joined Feb 2012
  • www.escapedtothecountry.com
    • Escaped to the Country
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2012, 09:05:25 pm »
Looks a good start and it should be stupendous in the spring.  Don't forget the photos then.

Photos will definitely be provided.

Learnt something today - do not put your hand on the top of the rotovator engine after using it, when bending down to pick something up.... as it leaves a rather nice burn on the palm of your hand!

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2012, 10:09:28 pm »
Going to have to stop looking at your piccies, they all make my place look like a slag heap   :huff:

On the other hand I have a kick upthe a&£3 to do something constructive in the heap after seeing your designs, so keep them coming  ;D  ;D
Look forward to seeing this result come spring  :thumbsup:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS