Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Can't Tell a 12 year old.  (Read 4557 times)

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
Can't Tell a 12 year old.
« on: October 20, 2012, 12:52:12 pm »
Emma as you will see by her riding Rory has long hair with a fringe that looks terrible. Nothing anyone says would make her get it cut but this morning I was showing her the photo's we took this week and behold she did not like what she saw. next thing she comes through, hair brushed and tied back. Much smarter. Maybe one day the fridge will go and we will see her bony eyes.  :innocent:

in the hills

• Joined Feb 2012
Re: Can't Tell a 12 year old.
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2012, 01:26:28 pm »
Is it a long, on one side fringe?
My 11 year old has one too ....... afraid that's the fashion. ::)
My girl has really thick long hair to go with it .... just looks like a mop. Did point out some pop stars with good square cut fringes last week, thought that might do the trick .... but ... unimpressed.  ::) 

Moleskins

• Joined Sep 2009
  • England
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2012, 03:20:41 pm »
Emma as you will see by her riding Rory has long hair with a fringe that looks terrible. Nothing anyone says would make her get it cut but this morning I was showing her the photo's we took this week and behold she did not like what she saw. next thing she comes through, hair brushed and tied back. Much smarter. Maybe one day the fridge will go and we will see her bony eyes.  :innocent:
I'm reading that as 'one day the fringe will go and we will see her bonnie eyes.'
Otherwise it would be something completely different.
Time flies like an arrow but fruit flies like a banana.

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2012, 03:30:29 pm »
Quite right Moleskins, I meant bonnie eyes. may be the fashion but how she manages to see I have no idea.

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2012, 04:10:14 pm »
Got to love 'em at that age  ;)   I think I put my parents through hell looking back - this is just karma and I bet my mum and dad have a quiet laugh as I suffer!!
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

princesspiggy

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2012, 08:00:47 pm »
my 4 yr old cut her own hair this week  ::) ::)

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2012, 09:39:53 pm »
In the sixties we all had fringes that came down to our eyes and practically got tangled with our eye lashes.  It was due to copying Cathy McGowan who was on the panel of a pop show (can't remember what it was called now) and was famous for saying, "Oil give it foive."

Our headmistress told us that having such long fringes would make our eye brows fall out and they would never grow again.  She said, "You may think that when you are grown up you'll pluck your eyebrows anyway but it might not be the fashion by then."  What she didn't realise was that we all plucked our eyebrows already and I remember thinking how much easier it would be if they fell out and I just had to paint thin ones in.

It didn't work.  I still have bushy eyebrows.  I just don't bother to pluck them now.   ;D

tizaala

• Joined Mar 2011
  • Dolau, Llandrindod Wells,Powys
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2012, 09:29:07 am »
The prog was call " hit or miss" David Jacobs presided Sat afternoons if I remember right, Shaddows theme tune...

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2012, 09:35:21 am »
Yep, I remember it and I had a Cathy McGowan fringe too  ;D
Sally
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2012, 10:55:41 am »
The prog was call " hit or miss" David Jacobs presided Sat afternoons if I remember right, Shaddows theme tune...
Wasn't it Ready Steady Go?  And they voted on whether new releases would be a Hit or a Miss?  Foive was the top score.
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2012, 10:58:49 am »
Yep, definitely Ready Steady Go
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ready_Steady_Go!
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2012, 06:36:46 pm »
Yes, I suddenly remembered Ready, Steady, go as I was reading these posts.  I loved it and had the fringe.

thestephens

• Joined Mar 2011
  • aberdeenshire
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2012, 07:14:52 pm »
being a hairdresser for over 20 years im constantly saying Anna brush your hair!
But like the saying "cobblers kids" they are always last to get a haircut! Lucy even took the clippers over her dads hair, he was so desparate!

Small Farmer

• Joined Jan 2012
  • Bedfordshire
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2012, 10:15:29 pm »
Yes, I suddenly remembered Ready, Steady, go as I was reading these posts.  I loved it and had the fringe.
Are you now Beyond the Fringe?
Being certain just means you haven't got all the facts

bucketman

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Sutherland Scotland
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2012, 01:25:45 am »
our son use to walk in the living room say hi or mutter something then brush his fringe out of his eye. We would say oh curtains open now he would sulk and go back to his room. Kids who would have them. But we love them ;D
I am going to live the dream

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS