Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Festival feedback please  (Read 20874 times)

Dan

• The Accidental Smallholder
  • Administrator
  • Joined Oct 2007
  • Carnoustie, Angus
    • Facebook
Festival feedback please
« on: October 02, 2012, 01:23:43 pm »
If you have any feedback about the Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival please complete our online form at:

http://www.scottishsmallholdershow.co.uk/feedback/

We're interested in feedback from those who were there and those who weren't - if you didn't/couldn't make it, is there anything we can do next year to tempt you along?

All feedback welcomed, we're keen to know what went well for visitors and what didn't go so well, so we can improve next year.

Thanks,

Dan

oaklandspigs

• Joined Nov 2009
  • East Sussex
    • OaklandsPigs
Re: Festival feedback please
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2012, 01:31:23 pm »
Sounded great - if you moved the event to Sussex next year, I'd definately go along  :)
www.Oaklandspigs.co.uk
"Perfect Pigs" the complete guide to keeping pigs; One Day Pig Courses in South East;
Weaners for sale - Visit our site for details

Dan

• Administrator
  • Joined Oct 2007
  • Carnoustie, Angus
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2012, 03:12:48 pm »
Sounded great - if you moved the event to Sussex next year, I'd definately go along  :)

LOL, Ardingly would be a great venue, not sure how successful it would be though! :D

mmu

• Joined Aug 2011
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2012, 05:39:37 pm »
Keep it up here, please.  There are enough events for smallholders to go to down South already.  It was brilliant day, my only regret was I didn't get enough time to have a proper look round all the trade and craft stalls and the poultry etc., missed all the talks too.  Some friends from Aberdeenshire went to some and enjoyed them. Looking forward to next year already!
We keep Ryelands, Southdowns, Oxford Downs, Herdwicks, Soay, Lleyn, an Exmoor pony and Shetland geese.  Find us on Twitter as @RareBreedsScot

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2012, 05:56:03 pm »
Absolutely - let this be for Scots and north-of-Englanders, please!   ;D

However... I know Lanark is booked for 2013, so that date is set - but any chance of making it not clash with Masham Sheep Fair in subsequent years?  :eyelashes:  (Especially the years it's in the southern half of Scotland.)  And I don't know if the Scottish Fibre Crafters Friendship Day is an annual event, and/or always in Perth, but that must have kept a lot of fibre crafters away.

(Of course, longer term, SSGF will be a 2-day affair, so we can all go to it and another more local event...  :-J  :D)
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

mmu

• Joined Aug 2011
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2012, 09:01:13 am »
I thought about suggesting 2 days, Sally, but then I selfishly thought it would mean an overnighter for us, and we can't both leave the farm for that long , so I still wouldn't be able to get a ;proper look around.  When I made the trip through the crafts etc., to get the loo the buzz was terrific (not so much actually in the loo) although I did think the loo paper was VERY posh for a mart.  Wondered if Rosemary had it put in specially for the day!!!!!
We keep Ryelands, Southdowns, Oxford Downs, Herdwicks, Soay, Lleyn, an Exmoor pony and Shetland geese.  Find us on Twitter as @RareBreedsScot

mmu

• Joined Aug 2011
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2012, 09:09:56 am »
Also meant to say, I didn't know there was a fibre day on, but we did have quite a bit of interest in our longwools from spinners, which I was thrilled about. It is very difficult when setting up a new event not to clash with anything, often it's only after you set the date that you realise.  With our vintage bike events we have a handbook which is supposed to list all events of the vintage persuasion including cars, tractors, steam engines etc., but we still sometimes manage to clash.

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2012, 09:50:11 am »
although I did think the loo paper was VERY posh for a mart.  Wondered if Rosemary had it put in specially for the day!!!!!

Only the best  ;D

The Woodsiders

• Joined Aug 2011
  • Near Horley in Surrey
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2012, 12:42:20 pm »
Hi Sally, if a Southerner wants to attend the show next year would I be welcome?? :-J :wave:

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2012, 12:50:56 pm »
Hi Sally, if a Southerner wants to attend the show next year would I be welcome?? :-J :wave:

Of course!   :thumbsup:
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

bloomer

• Joined Aug 2010
  • leslie, fife
  • i have chickens, sheep and opinions!!!
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2012, 01:32:54 pm »
next years show is easier to access for southerners as well, lanark is in easy reach of the M74 (the big road that continues off the end of the M6) or even glasgow airport if your not bringing stock etc.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2012, 01:59:32 pm »
Missed this because of a trip South to our Club weekend - would have been better staying at home as it turns out, so I'll definitely be at SSGF next September!
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

jaykay

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cumbria/N Yorks border
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2012, 05:10:31 pm »
Was there a particular reason for it being on a Sunday? It made it too hard to get back in time to be fit for work on Monday morning so I couldn't get there this year  :-\ and it sounds as though it was great  :thumbsup:

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2012, 07:51:15 pm »
Was there a particular reason for it being on a Sunday? quote]

It was the day we could get the venue as they had a cattle sale on the Saturday. TBH we got a lot of positives about it being on a Sunday.

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2012, 10:28:48 pm »
Was there a particular reason for it being on a Sunday? quote]

It was the day we could get the venue as they had a cattle sale on the Saturday. TBH we got a lot of positives about it being on a Sunday.
Actually my girls would prefer the Saturday too, so we can travel there on a Friday and they get the day off school.... :-J
But I do like Sunday!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS