Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: First experience  (Read 2259 times)

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
First experience
« on: September 22, 2012, 09:38:11 pm »
Our family had it's first visit to a livestock auction today. How addictive!
We set off to Carlisle early this morning not knowing what to expect, and didn't leave until after 3pm.
A great day by all.  :thumbsup:

OH is now addicted to the poultry despite not being particularly interested in the show scene, He kept disappearing back to the poultry section and auction room  ::)

Big son was hooked on the coloured rylands, ( so glad we don't have land or the pressure would have been too much for him  ) he has priced them in auction to save for his own flock WHEN we find somewhere   :love:

Little un wanted to see everything at once and wanted to know why we couldn't buy everything  :D

I'm soooo glad I insisted we didn't register for buying for our first ever visit  :relief: I think we would have cleared the stalls and gone bankrupt all at once  :roflanim:   Still a great day out and all  :excited: for the next one.

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
Re: First experience
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2012, 09:44:43 pm »
Sounds like you need to be looking for a large acreage, Mammyshaz, to put all the animals that your family is going to buy, on.   ;D ;D

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2012, 04:43:35 am »
She's a wiley one, that Mammyshaz... steering that wee'un towards a fleece sheep, now she spins...  :-J :roflanim: :knit: :knit:
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2012, 06:10:32 am »
 :roflanim:  :roflanim: our life's path must be preset I've decided. Our inner souls are hunting down our destiny  :-J  We  just need pointed towards that 120 acre farm going cheap enough for us to buy  ;D ( or is it a lottery win we need  :roflanim: ).

bangbang

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2012, 07:00:22 am »
OH went to a sale in Inverness last year with a friend, so I though it was a safe day out
because she didn't have her own transport - WRONG! - She came back with two little
Booray lambs. They looked like cotton balls with legs.  ;D

Sylvia

• Joined Aug 2009
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2012, 02:40:35 pm »
I love our smallholder's market. Trouble is, I can never come home empty handed ::)

jaykay

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cumbria/N Yorks border
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2012, 04:53:44 pm »
That's it now Shaz, permanently broke and plotting where to put more animals.....  :D

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS