Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Bridle ways  (Read 8524 times)

Moleskins

• Joined Sep 2009
  • England
Re: Bridle ways
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2012, 11:36:45 pm »
i think you are all leaving yourselves   wide open for charges  with guns near a public footpath  and toting baseball bats again near a public footpath :farmer:
Well I'd contact the police and ask them if I could shoot the dog and under what circumstances. Then slip it in that you know who owns the dog, hopefully the police would pop round for a word.
Subtle ?
Robert, that's why I'd suggested the subtle approach, you're then the law abiding citizen, they're not.
Time flies like an arrow but fruit flies like a banana.

Penninehillbilly

• Joined Sep 2011
  • West Yorks
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2012, 01:47:21 am »
i think you are all leaving yourselves   wide open for charges  with guns near a public footpath  and toting baseball bats again near a public footpath :farmer:
I agree with Robert, in this case you would be classed as the agressor (sp?). guns are not allowed withing a certain distance of a right of way.
many 'Public spaces' have a dog control order on them, £1,000 fine. Check with your local council. Try and get a photo or video of her not cleaning up. You could always stick the pictures up for all to see what a lazy dirty b****r she is!
how about running a length of plain wire alongside the bridleway, then about a foot of so into your land run an electric fence (suitably labelled) round the inside perimeter, then see if the dog tries to get through twice!

robert waddell

« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2012, 11:16:02 am »
thirty odd years ago i was travelling a machine to a site in whitburn    as i approached a grassed area a dog come out through the rickety fence and sat patiently for me to pass   as i drew level with the dog i rolled the bucket back and forward   the dog crapped it and ran back the way it had come trying to get through two different wires at once     the guys i was working for  thought i was daft i could not speak for laughing  and that was hours after it :roflanim:

manian

• Joined Sep 2010
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2012, 11:22:18 am »
hi we have a bridleway through our property and like you people used it as a dog toilet when we moved in
they have the right to walk pets 'under control' but do NOT have the right to stop, or foul the area

people still think they are on a path not a right of way through my 'garden'

get in contact with your rights of way officer
they will give you signs etc
we got a cheap camera that records; put up signs saying anyone allowing their dog to foul will be fined and evidence will be on video. We alos said we will kindly return anything 'left'AND have a wall of shame.....

became clean very quickly

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2012, 12:59:23 pm »
hi we have a bridleway through our property and like you people used it as a dog toilet when we moved in
they have the right to walk pets 'under control' but do NOT have the right to stop, or foul the area

people still think they are on a path not a right of way through my 'garden'

get in contact with your rights of way officer
they will give you signs etc
we got a cheap camera that records; put up signs saying anyone allowing their dog to foul will be fined and evidence will be on video. We alos said we will kindly return anything 'left'AND have a wall of shame.....

became clean very quickly

:roflanim: :roflanim:   Good for you.   :thumbsup:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS