Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Wannabe smallholder looking for part time paid work/voluntary work in Essex  (Read 2642 times)

KeeleyR

• Joined Sep 2012
Hi

I am from Thurrock, Essex and hoping to set up my own smallholding in the future and currently looking for part time paid work/voluntary work on a smallholding/farm local to me. Please get in touch if you can help at all.

Thanks!
Keeley

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
Re: Wannabe smallholder looking for part time paid work/voluntary work in Essex
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2012, 05:47:18 pm »
 :wave:  Welcome from  :raining:  Shropshire.  What a good idea to get some experience first.  We're too far of course, but hope you manage to get something.

KeeleyR

• Joined Sep 2012
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2012, 12:33:53 pm »
Thanks! Unfortunately looks like i have no takers though :(

kegs

• Joined Apr 2012
  • Bedfordshire
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2012, 02:23:44 pm »
Not in Essex I'm afraid but I've pm'd you with some ideas.  :wave:

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2012, 03:17:32 pm »
Have a look at WWOOF - there are some cracking WWOOF hosts in your part of the world.  Priceless experience.  I speak as one who knows - I WWOOFed extensively in 2004/5 and in 2006 I bought a farm with a friend - who I'd met when I'd WWOOFed for her on her previous farm (that one tenanted.)  :)  WWOOF changes lives.  :thumbsup:
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

KeeleyR

• Joined Sep 2012
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2012, 05:57:06 pm »

Kitchen Cottage

• Joined Oct 2012
Hiya,

You might try Pets Corner in Harlow for voluntary work (disclosure is I am the chair of the support trust there) but there is a waiting list for volunteers.

You might also want to look at some short courses at writtle college which would help.

I have a smallholding in Epping, but I don't think I'm experienced enough to guide you....all the work here is pure grunt work :D

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS