Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Westmorland Show  (Read 7047 times)

jaykay

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cumbria/N Yorks border
Re: Westmorland Show
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2012, 05:59:48 pm »
Yes, the show will go ahead regardless of the weather but in fact, it's forecast to be overcast and maybe a bit mizzly, but not chucking it down (= good weather in Cumbria  ::))

I've just come back from setting up. The show ground is already ankle deep mud in places, I'm sure the carparks will be by the morning.

It's a pain to get in, there's a one-car-wide bridge on the main route in and it can result in queuing onto the M6. Just gotta chill and queue. The road coming in the other way doesn't make a junction with the A590 though it looks like it might, so that's not much help.

sokel

• Joined Jun 2012
  • S W northumberland
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2012, 08:57:30 pm »
Every time I have gone to wesmorland show the field has been a quagmire and loads of cars end up getting stuck.
We have a frost here tonight already
Graham

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2012, 10:36:57 pm »
Thank you, Jaykay ....will be in the pick up and will bring wellies of course.  My OH has just said after all the rain we have had today here (torrential) its going to be wet ....and maybe the show would be cancelled?  Then he could go to work, couldn't he? Will not mention the queueing until he gets there, he hates queues ;D
I will go and make his sandwiches now, so he is no doubt that we are in fact going tomorrow ........

Sbom

• Joined Jul 2012
  • Staffordshire
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2012, 10:40:57 pm »
Have fun!

jaykay

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cumbria/N Yorks border
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2012, 06:58:42 am »
Just making my flask  ;D (not that there aren't good food and drink stalls but I get an hour off maybe a couple of times during the day and I want to spend it in the animal tents not queuing for coffee).

Fowgill Farm

• Joined Feb 2009
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2012, 12:13:30 pm »
If you go to the show website theres usually a gallery of pictures, i have some but only of me chasing my pigs round the show ring ;D  will try to put a few on for you.
mandy  :pig:
ps forgot to add that all TAS'ers showing came home with rosettes, yes Moanie the Tamworth struck again, Jodie yea of little faith, she's a lovely girl!  :love: ;D
« Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 12:39:33 pm by Fowgill Farm »

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS