Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Proposed closure of St Andrews abattoir: OBJECT NOW  (Read 3551 times)

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
Proposed closure of St Andrews abattoir: OBJECT NOW
« on: August 29, 2012, 11:13:49 pm »
OK folks, the closing date for objections to the proposal to demolish the abattoir and replace it with an M&S and a Premier Inn to be submitted to Fife Council is this Friday, 31st August. That's the day after tomorrow.

It's easy to make your objections on-line. Registration takes less than five minutes then you can post your objection. Here's the link

http://planning.fife.gov.uk/online/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=neighbourComments&keyVal=M80S0PHFT8000

There is NO POINT in moaning once it's closed and no point in blaming anyone else - so please take a few minutes out of your busy day and register an objection.

If nothing else, it may delay matters long enough for an alternative provision to be developed.

Thanks.

Tudful Tamworths

• Joined Aug 2009
    • Liz's website
Re: Proposed closure of St Andrews abattoir: OBJECT NOW
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2012, 11:31:53 pm »
I know I'm way outside the area concerned, but I'm so sorry there isn't more I could do to help. I wrote about it a couple of weeks ago, but in a magazine that more or less preaches to the converted.

I feel so sorry for all those who are likely to lose this facility. If there's anything I can do, please let me know. Presumably those closely involved with opposing the redevelopment are in touch with local media, including TV, radio, online news outlets. If not, I'd be happy to do some ringing around on their behalf.

www.lizshankland.com www.biggingerpigs.com
Author of the Haynes Pig Manual, Haynes Smallholding Manual, and the Haynes Sheep Manual. Three times winner of the Tamworth Champion of Champions. Teaching smallholding courses at Kate Humble's farm: www.humblebynature.com

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2012, 11:41:13 pm »
I saw your article, Liz. Thanks for that. I don't really know what's been done publicity wise - I did mention it to the researcher for BBC Scotland's "Landward" programme (they're coming to the Festival) and she said that they might pick it up as a national issue.

I will ask the chap who contacted me.

Sylvia

• Joined Aug 2009
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2012, 07:22:38 am »
Good luck! No good, I suppose me objecting down here in Devon. We had a small abattoir closed just 2 miles from us, now a load of bungalows on the land. I'm afraid money, not animal welfare, talks ::)

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2012, 08:56:06 pm »
Our local one closed earlier this year.  I need to find another one that takes goasts before he gets too tough.

northfifeduckling

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Fife
    • North Fife Blog
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2012, 02:40:57 pm »
I was emailed today after getting in touch with a pig-keeper, that some are planning a community abbatoir in Fife. Will keeep you posted once I know more!  :&>

Big Light

• Joined Aug 2011
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2012, 09:35:59 am »
Please do

Pebbles

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Central Scotland
    • Ardunan Farm
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2012, 05:35:50 pm »
I've left an objection...come on everyone, it only takes five minutes!  :pig: :pig: :pig:

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2012, 05:43:36 pm »
I've left an objection...come on everyone, it only takes five minutes!  :pig: :pig: :pig:

Thanks, Pebbles

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2012, 09:55:30 pm »
I think I live too far away for any objection I make to be taken seriously.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS