Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Caravan upgraded to a Double Unit NOW COUNCIL SAYS PULL IT DOWN  (Read 15101 times)

Fruit of gods

• Joined Feb 2009
Re: Caravan upgraded to a Double Unit NOW COUNCIL SAYS PULL IT DOWN
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2009, 09:56:55 am »
 :farmer: :farmer:
Have got hold of the council and done some ass kisssin and now have found out that it was a complaint from one person, who also sits on the council.....

We worked on the basis of gettin the village and some of the key people and business to help us...
AND
Theyve come forward in droves, showing that the community spirit is still alive and kicking but has to be kick started into action.
Its good to see that some nice people still out there as well as on here.

Thanks for your input and will post when next updated....

Take it easy and make sure your having fun.

p.s.  Have inspired some friends to start a political party thatthey are looking at calling the Reflection party. Or sim name.

We are looking at a party that is voluntary and based on people voting for themselfs .
The people that get a say in the community are the people tat are prepared to contribute to the community.
GO TO BE IN IT TO WIN IT.

I know its early but seems that many people are interested and if interested, they look at starting the party within their own communities.

The party isnt labour, conserv, lib etc etc its all of us and all of our beliefs.
We are looking at a skill share and learn that enables us all to give something back to the community as well as building the spirit and have the resources local....
Helping those in need and those who want to progress.

Anyway, the whole structure is flexible as well being open source (like Linux OS if your a computer buff)
This means that the whole structure is transparent as well as being able to be changed and restructured at any time.
This means that we can all try to change things that dont work rather than just follow and fail.
You think you can do better, then please help and put your points forward and help build the infrastructure.

Lets have doctors runnin the health service, bankers doing banking and farmers doin farming rather than polititians with no exp being put in charge of something they know nothing about.

This is quite sim to how some of the farming consolidated comps are runnin.
They appoint an MD an if he does well, he stays, if he dosnt, they go.
Each person is elected by the clients and the board..

Anyway, enough of my new rant, but will keep you updated if you are interested,
All feedback welcome

Cheers

Symon

Fruit of gods

• Joined Feb 2009
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2010, 11:21:21 am »
Latest update is that the council are saying that their is no such thing as green belt land and that the plans they have show that my mums place is just in open land that can not be built on....even though we have been here 28yrs and the caravans for 27 yrs and with one being as leaky as an old boot, was replaced with 2 portacabins put together...

As I explained before, I understand that the goal posts have been moved
AND
every councillor has said that it wont be a problem due to the amount of time she has been here
BUT NOW
they are telling her that she needs to have enough animals to set up as a small holding (which already has been setup 28yrs ago and she is still paying for the right and is a registered hatcheries for rearing pheasants and so on.....
Anyway..

Not got a lot of money and being lead up the garden path with this one and would like any help or advice in any way.

Got 2 weeks before they tell us what the next stage is,,,
The village support her but the local borough just keep passing the buck and not giving a s**t..
They told her to apply for planning and then turned her down and said she shouldnt of applied....
??????????????????????????????????????????????

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2010, 05:46:04 pm »
Have a chat with your local MP

Fruit of gods

• Joined Feb 2009
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2010, 09:15:00 am »
Have spoken to MP as well as some councillors, they say they will help and thjat nothing will come of it....then when something does, theyre nowhere to be found or too busy.....

We dont have the money to be able to go through a lawyer and were told to pay £400 for a planning app that we were told would be refused but had to be done to go through the appeal process!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As of yesterday, my mums partner died, helped along by the stress of this crap......
Now she has head in hands and believes that she is gonna get shafted...................

Can anyone offer advice other than the CAB or MPs
Tried both and nothing has come of it or they are unable to help.......

Cheers

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2010, 11:20:43 am »
You are at the stage of at least needing  legal advice I think.  You've tried every other avenue.  You will get a first half hour free, or perhaps even your Mum could get legal aid.  certainly worth phoning a lawyer and asking.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Fruit of gods

• Joined Feb 2009
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2010, 11:42:46 am »
Cheers, trying that avenue today..

scotelf

• Joined Aug 2010
  • West Lothian
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2010, 03:24:01 pm »
How much land in total does your mum have acreage wise? If she does not have 5 hectares or more can she 'rent' some nearby (within 5 miles).
I've skim read your posts so sorry if you have already put this info in somewhere. The reason I ask is:

The Town and Country Planning (General Permitted Development) order 1995

Part 6

Class A Development on units of 5 hectares or more

Permitted Development

A. The carrying out on agricultural land comprised in an agricultural unit of 5 hectares or more in area of -

(a) works for the erection, extension or alteration of a building; or

(b) any excavation  or engineering operations,
which are reasonably necessary for the purpose of agriculture within that unit

Is there a barn/shed needing renovated? She can live on the land in a MOBILE home while this work is being carried out by her for 5 years.

The unit she is living in needs to be mobile (removable from the site in no mare than 2 parts) I think from reading your posts that wasn't the issue, it was the internal height? I remember something about storage of animal feed in the mobile home to allow it to stay there - away to try and find out more for you.
Lynn :)

scotelf

• Joined Aug 2010
  • West Lothian
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2010, 03:32:13 pm »
Caravans, or indeed any mobile structure, can be positioned anywhere on any type of land if the structure is used for the storage and/or preparation of animal feed.

She may need to have a little tourer caravan on the land to 'live' in (not suggesting she actually does) and store animal feed in the other unit.

You need to look at this site  www.fieldtofarm.com and buy the book which is where I have found this information from.

Hope some of this helps.

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
  • "Blossom" one of my Pygmy Goats
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2010, 03:45:32 pm »
Caravans, or indeed any mobile structure, can be positioned anywhere on any type of land if the structure is used for the storage and/or preparation of animal feed.

Not true for me as I have had to apply for planning permission to keep a caravan for that very reason. Their excuse is because I am a business I need planning. I would be your best friend for ever if you knew of a loophole!! I am in Scotland.>

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2010, 05:26:23 pm »
Firstly let your MP know that you are going to go to the press with this.  Especially as partner has died due to stress.  Try local and even national papers, a lot depends on how you pitch it.   The more local support you can get the better, often if it looks like it wont be an easy move they will not take it further as funds are so tight.  Make a fuss, dont take no for an answer, hassle your MP and councillors.  If one person can do that to your mum, why shouldnt you be able to reciprocate.  Not that it helps but am thinking of you. 

scotelf

• Joined Aug 2010
  • West Lothian
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2010, 06:45:39 pm »

Think this only applies if you have the 5 hectares of agricultural land.  I'm only starting to learn about this (so pre-armed and all that) for my own situation.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2010, 06:47:31 pm by scotelf »

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
  • "Blossom" one of my Pygmy Goats
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2010, 06:50:06 pm »
Ok thanks  :wave:

Fergie

• Joined Oct 2009
« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2010, 07:07:51 pm »
You are at the stage of at least needing  legal advice I think.  You've tried every other avenue.  You will get a first half hour free, or perhaps even your Mum could get legal aid.  certainly worth phoning a lawyer and asking.

Citizen's Advice Bureau?  They might be able to help.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2010, 11:22:22 pm »
Think they've already tried the CAB with no success.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Fruit of gods

• Joined Feb 2009
« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2010, 01:15:49 pm »
Thanks for all your help again.
A site like this is worth its wait in gold for the information held within its members.

We have got to wait till next week for a councilor to come down and let us know what they are intending on doing...
The land has been run as a small holding for 27yrs and still is and now we've just been told that the outline of our land is different to the one the council has...so now my muyms got the idea that she is going to move the caravan onto the missing land as the council have said it dosnt exist and shge thinks you cant have a problem with something thats not there..
Thisbisnt going to be done until the council give us a decision and is only an option...But the 10hectares comment could be well worth it as she has got 7acre already..

Again...

All comments are welcome and thanks to those who have already..

p.s.    The Gypsies have just been granted permission on some land that they had to leave in 2010...when it got to 2010...instead of moving them, it gave full permission..
So now mums said that if it all goes tits up, she's going to leave it to the caravan kings...and then see what an issue it is...
(hope it wont come to that).

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS