Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Agritech Doppler – SPECIAL OFFER - Offer Still open Feb 2013  (Read 13585 times)

Sbom

• Joined Jul 2012
  • Staffordshire
Re: Agritech Doppler – SPECIAL OFFER FOR TAS MEMBERS
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2012, 12:15:19 pm »
Is it just me that thinks it'd be cheaper and just as accurate to wait and see if they come in season again? You can't serve them again until they do anyway  :-\

Fowgill Farm

• Joined Feb 2009
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2012, 12:15:51 pm »
Could reply to this, but folk would not like the reply, so i will just keep it to myself.

probably not but glad to see you up and participating anyway! :bouquet:
mandy  :pig:

Simon O

• Joined Mar 2010
  • Bonkle
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2012, 12:29:56 pm »
Hi Lillian I for one would be glad to hear what you have to say all info and opinion is useful.
I guess I do not know enough about these machines having not really considered getting one for myself before, but I had hoped it would be able to distinguish singleton and twin or triplet pregnancies in sheep, not just tell if the animal was pregnant or not.

robert waddell

« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2012, 12:48:06 pm »
get them scaned simon with your neighbours sheep  that is the cheapest way  50 pence a ewe :farmer:

HappyHippy

« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2012, 12:59:05 pm »
I think we'd all be sensible enough to clean and disinfect the probe and unit before sending it on to another holding - I'm not completely stupid despite what some folk think ::)

Fowgill Farm

• Joined Feb 2009
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2012, 01:01:16 pm »
get them scaned simon with your neighbours sheep  that is the cheapest way  50 pence a ewe :farmer:

Thats what i do!  :thumbsup: 
but for free coz he thinks its fun to do pigs and i'm a daft wee blonde girly! :innocent:
mandy  :pig:

P6te

• Joined Jan 2012
  • South Derbyshire
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2012, 01:10:49 pm »
All,
When I've rceived my Doppler I will let you know exactly what is included, but I am only expected EXTERNAL probe(s) in this.  I'd suggest calling Agritech to see what they could do if you require internal too.

Pete
Live for today
Plan for tomorrow

P6te

• Joined Jan 2012
  • South Derbyshire
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2012, 01:23:20 pm »
All,

Having seen some of the questions being raised, I have just called Agritech.  This afternoon they will be signing up as members of TAS and will answer questions raised.

So ... any quesions, get typing!  :idea:

Pete
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 01:25:15 pm by P6te »
Live for today
Plan for tomorrow

HappyHippy

« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2012, 01:31:54 pm »
I have a question  :excited:

Will they give me one for free?  :innocent: :D

But in all seriousness, maybe a loan/hire scheme might be something worth looking at for us skint folk?  :thumbsup:

robert waddell

« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2012, 02:24:49 pm »
i asked lillian what she was going to say    all she said was she would get barred :farmer:

simon lillian will pm you :relief: :farmer:

Simon O

• Joined Mar 2010
  • Bonkle
« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2012, 02:27:42 pm »
 ??? :o ;D :innocent:

agritech

• Joined Aug 2012
« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2012, 03:38:41 pm »
I might be interested in a share of this. But how much skill and training do you need to use this?

With all of our equipment we send an instructional dvd which shows in detail how to use the equipment and explains the principles on how it operates. It really is very simple and straightforward and if you are seriously interested we can arrange for a copy to be sent to you.

agritech

• Joined Aug 2012
« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2012, 04:02:50 pm »
I was just reading their site (funny how great minds think alike  ;)) and it says on there that there's a 'contour probe' that is used and can actually detect from day 16 in pigs  :thinking:

I'm going to start a seperate thread, as I've just realised it might be of interest to sheep & goat owners too  ;)
But if anyone's interested drop me a pm and I'll keep track of everyone and get something organised  :thumbsup:

The 'contour probe' was our first external probe and the same technology is incorporated in the current version. The 16 day diagnosis has been made by stockmen handling 500 / 1000 sows who have become experts at the job. As Mandy says it is more usual to commence testing from approx 30 days. You must of course remember that a novice will not get these results from day one, it does take time to get used to using the equipment and as with everything the more you use it the better you become. And yes the same external unit can be used on sheep and goats as well as llamas and alpacas.

agritech

• Joined Aug 2012
« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2012, 04:12:15 pm »
CAUTION   inexperienced people going about inserting probes into pregnant animals never mind transferring this equipment from farm to farm and the possible spread of disease IT JUST WONT BE ME       what the rest of you do is up to yourself    by all means get one but keep it on the one holding    the uncertainty is in my opinion down to bad management and husbandry    which in its self deserves a thread on its own   :farmer:

Just to put everyone at ease the equipment we are talking about uses an external probe. With pigs we certainly do not "insert" our probes anywhere.  We do however produce rectal probes for larger livestock such as cows which does use an invasive proceedure.  Refering to the possible spread of disease this should not really be a problem provided the equipment is kept clean and prefferably sterilised before passing to the next farm unless of course any of these are minimal disease units in which case it's a no no!

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2012, 09:12:57 am »
Just to put everyone at ease the equipment we are talking about uses an external probe. With pigs we certainly do not "insert" our probes anywhere.  We do however produce rectal probes for larger livestock such as cows which does use an invasive proceedure.  Refering to the possible spread of disease this should not really be a problem provided the equipment is kept clean and prefferably sterilised before passing to the next farm unless of course any of these are minimal disease units in which case it's a no no!

agritech, Thank you for joining up and answering the questions raised.

Beth

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS