Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: What's everyone up to today?  (Read 82423 times)

goosepimple

• Joined May 2010
  • nr Lauder, Scottish Borders
Re: What's everyone up to today?
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2012, 06:50:21 pm »
Looks like you got lots of sun after all plums!  8)  I've just spent the day at the Border Union Show watching Anke and Ballingall with their goats.  Rain managed to stay off - just - and then it poured about 4pm just in time to clear the place for going home time.  Kids are still waiting for their 'summer holiday' here though  :-\
registered soay, castlemilk moorit  and north ronaldsay sheep, pygmy goats, steinbacher geese, muscovy ducks, various hens, lots of visiting mallards, a naughty border collie, a puss and a couple of guinea pigs

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2012, 05:24:23 pm »
Today I am trying to be energetic and unpack everything from yesterday's show, and re-organise myself for next week's show. Also trying to do housework and tidy up the garden as we have family coming to visit at the end of the. Failing miserably on all counts as I am really lacking energy and enthusiasm for it all!

Beth

tizaala

• Joined Mar 2011
  • Dolau, Llandrindod Wells,Powys
« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2012, 06:59:48 am »
Got to go and collect a 1500 ltr modern plastic bunded oil tank off freecycle, amazing what people give away. :thumbsup:

Ina

• Joined Feb 2012
  • South Aberdeenshire
« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2012, 10:11:34 am »
My friends have gone on holiday and have given me the chance to play at being farmer... So, this morning saw me strutting through wet fields, sheep crook in hand (more to help me over rough and/or boggy bits, of which I find a new one every time I go out, rather than catching sheep!). As most farmers, I do also have a job to go to, so soon I'll be off for work...

omnipeasant

• Joined May 2012
  • Llangurig , Mid Wales
« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2012, 12:08:04 pm »
Hopefully I am watching the cross country (olympics) in between other tasks. First brit goes at just after one pm. Did anyone see the torrential dressage?

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2012, 12:17:06 pm »
Yes, the rain and wind was just awful but she did a great job, especially in those conditions.
Sally
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

luckylady

• Joined Aug 2009
  • Yorkshire
« Reply #36 on: July 30, 2012, 05:37:37 pm »
I have been black Hammeriteing gutter brackets and old iron T hinges for the new foldyard door.  Now I just have to get it off my fingers and nails.  Just about to sit down with a cuppa and watch the rest of the olympic crosscountry. Daughter has been giving me running commentary - so many falls/slips/eliminations and lost shoes!  Love the imagination gone in to the fences especially the chess set and the crescent cradling the backdrop of the city.
Doing that swan thing - cool and calm on the surface but paddling like crazy beneath.

omnipeasant

• Joined May 2012
  • Llangurig , Mid Wales
« Reply #37 on: July 30, 2012, 11:23:39 pm »
That was my favourite too, the over the moon fence. No other city can do that!

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #38 on: July 31, 2012, 09:06:32 am »
Declaring war on ....Fleas!!! Gutted the house yesterday, vaccuumed etc. Today cans of Acclaim arriving to spray the little bleeders as they sleep and Frontline combo from the vet to kill off Snowball's little 'friends'. Sick to death of the crawly, bitey things - especially when they jump on guests (!)
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

bloomer

• Joined Aug 2010
  • leslie, fife
  • i have chickens, sheep and opinions!!!
« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2012, 09:14:20 am »
typing quotes for work, whilst whistfully looking at the sunshine...

mainly though today i am on childcare duty!!!

Sylvia

• Joined Aug 2009
« Reply #40 on: July 31, 2012, 01:22:21 pm »
Me too, Bloomer. Grandchildren, school holidays and in my case, Grannies. Made for each other :) :) :)

HelenVF

• Joined Apr 2012
« Reply #41 on: July 31, 2012, 01:49:11 pm »
Grouse count this morning and painting numbers on grouse buts this afternoon.

Helen

tizaala

• Joined Mar 2011
  • Dolau, Llandrindod Wells,Powys
« Reply #42 on: July 31, 2012, 03:30:53 pm »
Preparing for AS Royalty visit tomorrow, Hiding all the large magnets (and the silver) . :innocent:

NormandyMary

• Joined Apr 2011
« Reply #43 on: July 31, 2012, 04:34:14 pm »
Just stacked a load of wood, next delivery tomorrow morning. Each lot is taking less time to put away, we've got it down to a fine art!

luckylady

• Joined Aug 2009
  • Yorkshire
« Reply #44 on: July 31, 2012, 05:08:37 pm »
Replaced bathroom window tiles.   The old ones fell off after a window leak in heavy rain.  Top tiles fell off breaking the ledge tiles, two wall tiles and the plastic edging.  Luckily for me I had kept the spare tiles from when I originally did the bathroom.  Grouting tomorrow!
Doing that swan thing - cool and calm on the surface but paddling like crazy beneath.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS