Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: My Dog eats poo!  (Read 19558 times)

MiriMaran

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Derbyshire
Re: My Dog eats poo!
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2009, 07:12:20 pm »
I took my two boys for a walk in a bluebell wood today and my 5 year old needed a pooh.  We were totally on our own so I thought "why not - he can pooh out of the way no-one will ever know."  Just as he's pulling his trousers up a dog shoots out of no-where and practically knocks Harry over to get to the delicious treat!!  I started saying no to the dog and grabbing it as the owner finally arrived and I had to explain why I was man handeling his beloved pet - he wasn't impressed, put the dog on a lead and stomped off!!  Very embaressing :-[ ;D

sandy

« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2009, 07:33:48 pm »
I'm still in trauma after seeing Bens head appear between my legs!!!!!!

MiriMaran

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2009, 07:36:21 pm »
I don't even want to start forming a picture in my head of that one!!

sandy

« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2009, 07:39:48 pm »
No, not pleasant!!!!!!!

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Near Stirling, Central Scotland
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2009, 08:50:18 pm »
  Just as he's pulling his trousers up a dog shoots out of no-where and practically knocks Harry over to get to the delicious treat!! 

I think it would have been the other way around if the dog was going for your son , don't be ashamed at all it's the owners fault for not being incontroll of their dog.

While i was away i went to the beach (just below the caravan site), and a dog on a lead decised he wanted to meet us from the other side of the path . The poor owner went flying and down on  the ground like a ton of bricks and the dog prompty decised to try and give me a doggy hug. At this point i thought the owner was drunk but i think the guy just couldn't control the dog as it was too strong for him.

Linz

sandy

« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2009, 09:01:08 pm »
Interesting!!! I am never shaw if Ben if kepping his pack safe or  just thing about himself. I can hold myself for years!!!! BUT if, i HAVE TO GO FOR A WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE IN THE FOREST, BEN IS ALWAYS AROUND.....It may be a male thingy!!!

xnbacon

• Joined Mar 2009
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2009, 09:17:33 am »
I did read somewhere that feeding natural yoghurt to dogs mimics whatever nutritional value they get from poo eating.  Since then I've fed mine some most days and it seems to have reduced it.  However my 4 year old child got caught short recently and one of the dogs cleared up after her, so I don't think its the full story.  Possibly one just has to face the fact that they really do have disgusting habits!

MrsJ

• Joined Jan 2009
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2009, 12:13:38 pm »
Our springers race each other into the garden to get the chicken poo and will eat horse, cow and sheep poo, given the chance.  anyone would think we didnt feet them!

MiriMaran

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2009, 05:45:47 pm »
Makes me so glad to be human and not a dog!!

sandy

« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2009, 06:00:32 pm »
Rustyme, I may need that book if/when I get the VW back. Once we were in Cornwall and had a great day in a quiet spot, my partner needed to go desperately so whent the other side of a large bush, he was giving me a running comentry as we both had not been for a while, he was sooooo proud he asked me to have a look, I did and was surprised at the size and we both had a loud laugh about "it" then drove away, only to find around the bend a family were enjoying a ppicnic the other side of the Bush, we  were very embarressed :-[ Another ay, still in my barbie pink VW, we drove o Newquay and watched the surfers and as it was very warm in the van, at that time we both had long blond hair and bright coloured clothing, we both fell asleep with the curtains open. I woke up but lay still a I heard a car pull up next to us, I heard a child shout "come and look in here dady" her daddy had a look and said, "it's only 2 stoned Hippies" I lay still for ages as I did not want to spoil there surprse afterall, I was a nice middle aged women!!!!!!!not sure about my partner, he WAS a Hippy ::)

rexy

• Joined May 2009
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2009, 10:56:13 pm »
If your dog eats poo from your own dog/s you can feed a tablet supplement from the petshop to the dog thats having its poo eaten to prevent it. Also seaweed supplement is meant to help the dog thats doing the eating :)

sandy

« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2009, 11:17:56 pm »
Ihave seen him eat his own poo but I don't think he does it often as I collect whathe does in the yard regulalry and it seems all in tact my other dog does not seem to do too much poo in the yard, maybe he is eating hers although I have not seen him do this. He is young and it may be he is trying everything as he is a pig, anyway, as I said, he's notkissing me again!!!!!!

garden cottage

• Joined Sep 2008
  • forest of dean
« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2009, 11:24:14 pm »
does the pineapple thing work? our flatcoat retreaver eats other dogs poo and her own, disgusting habit and its not because of hunger, speaking to other owners they all seem to do it. maybe some breeds are worse than others....................neil

The Relic

• Joined Mar 2009
  • County Down
« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2009, 11:38:33 pm »
lol you cant beat a poo out doors brings u back to nature. when i lived in the city a dog in my street used to eat its own poo thought this was down to him being starved (would give him one of my sandwiches going to school). obvoiusly not. wish i kept my sambos now.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2009, 12:58:27 am »
Keep him on a long lead when out for a walk.  When he heads for the poo, yank him back - REALLY yank him, and yell, and I mean YELL at him.  He really must be told it is unacceptable.  Pineapple stops them eating their own, but not others

My old German Wirehair has always had the habit of eating other dog's po, but she knows not to do it if I am watching.  I make sure she is wormed more often than the others as a precautionary measure,
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS