Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: My Dog eats poo!  (Read 19559 times)

sandy

My Dog eats poo!
« on: May 01, 2009, 10:57:48 pm »
How do I stop my 11mth old lad eating poo?????? He looks to get into field to eat sheep, cow or horse poo and he is soo focused, on walkes  he comes back everytime BUT,when he sees an opening into a field he sees...food!!!!! i had a horrid experience tonight (DO NOT READ IF YOU ARE SQUEAMISH) I went for a lovely long walk tonight and my 11mth old lab enjoyed every minuet, then I had a sudden urge to use the loo, I have NEVER done this before but my stomach went into cramp and I ran deep into the forest to relieve myself only to find, during the process Ben was there, with his mouth scoffing the lot!!!!!!!!urrrrrrrr, I smacked him but it was hard to stop him, he was so focused on the tasty meal?????? HOW DO I Stop him? i SHOLD NOT HAVE TO DO IT AGAIN BUT, HE WILL NOT BE KISSING ME AGAIN!!!

rustyme

Re: My Dog eats poo!
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2009, 11:32:41 pm »
lol..... who needs ready meals ...????
two of mine eat horse crap and the other two go for dog crap ...but only the other two's ...???the dogs I clear up after they have been , but every now and then they beat me to it ... the horse crap I just have to watch them like a hawk .....oh yes .. they all go for rabbit crap too....someone told me once it is the minerals they are after...??? no idea... all I know is it makes me nearly puke .....oh and by the way Sandy .. there is a good book you may like ...
http://www.amazon.co.uk/How-s**t-Woods-Environmentally-Approach/dp/0898156270/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1241217013&sr=8-1
  when you gotta go , you gotta go ..... ::) :o :o ;D :P

cheers

Russ

sandy

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2009, 11:54:25 pm »
i really wanted to dig a whole but \i did not have time, god knows what happended to me but \I lived my walk, It was great.I have never been caught short begfore but May be?????

Townie

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Fife
    • http://www.townie.wordpress.com
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2009, 02:52:25 pm »
I have an old Irish Setter bitch, given the chance will eat her own poo ... yuk

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2009, 03:35:53 pm »
Our dogs eat horse, sheep and particularly chicken poo. There must eb something in it that they like. Fortunately, the don't eat dog poo, which si horrible.

sandy

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2009, 04:53:27 pm »
On the way back from the walk we past a field of horses and Ben was focused on looking for a way in, the field had stock fencing so we did not worry too much, then he slipped under very quickly and started eating :( no matter what I said he was very focused, not at all interested in the horses, anyway, he looked up and saw me with a tasty snack I was pretending to give the other dog, that brought him back but, when he is focused, nothing seems to shift him, otherwise he is very good and comes back every time, that is until  he sees Pooh of any sort, must find a way to stop him eating his own, he only takes a bit but it is disgusting, especially when I fell asleep on the sofa one evening and he woke me with a kiss on the lips!!! urh.....I think thats enough of that...

Townie

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Fife
    • http://www.townie.wordpress.com
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2009, 04:58:09 pm »
Forgot to mention, my springer boy eats the furballs the cat sicks up if you dont clean it up quick before he gets to it ... beluch  :dog:

dixie

• Joined Mar 2009
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2009, 07:22:10 pm »
My GSD waits behind my greyhound, when she poos the gsd eats it, dont get fresher than that!  My friends dog empties the cats litter tray!! disgusting creatures arent they!

sandy

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2009, 07:26:35 pm »
Just lost my post...anyway, I have this vivid Vinson of Ben. I went out last night feeling fine but after a cup of coffee I suddenly had to go, I wondered deep into the woods and, as I am not the fittest person had trouble squatting, I did my bit only to see Ben (Labradour) picking up what I dropped!!!!!!! disgusting, I could hardly pull up my trousers quick enough to stop him eeeerrrrrugh!!

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Near Stirling, Central Scotland
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2009, 07:35:42 pm »
If it help you could alway tie him to a tree next time :)

MiriMaran

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2009, 08:52:11 pm »
If you add pineapple chunks to your dog's food it stops them eating their poohs.  Can't advise on dogs eating other animals poohs except improve their recall!

I once went on a long walk in Scotland and one of my dogs ate loads of sheep pooh.  We then went to visit a friend - they were very understanding when George decided to regurgitate the contents of his stomach all over their lovely cream carpet! :o ;D

sandy

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2009, 09:01:02 pm »
Dogs do sooooo embarrassing things, I remember one of my daughter brought a Young man home, we all sat in the conservatory and had a cu ppa than my Lab and my Gern
man Shepherd sat in front of the conservatory and the Lab humped the German Shepard and she looked very worried!!!!!!!

MiriMaran

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2009, 09:05:47 pm »
You've just reminded me of another embaressing dog story.  When I was 18 and staying at my boyfriend's house (same people as the previous story) we were eating breakfast with my boyfriend's parents when their cocker appeared with my knickers in her mouth!!!!  Arghhhhh! :-[

dreamer

• Joined Apr 2009
  • ilkeston derbyshire
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2009, 12:51:21 pm »
I have three dogs a black whippett cross lab bitch a brindle staffi bitch and a black and white jack russellish dog  thing, the bitches eat their own poo they all love cat poo they all nibble on horse,rabbit, poo thats when the whippett isnt rolling in it and very often the staffi humps the whippet while the JR humps the staffi, a sort of dog conga, one day will get it on video and £250 quid!!!!

I love em!

Seriously i have found that cheap dog food makes them eat poo they are probably lacking in nutrients i think.

sandy

« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2009, 07:04:07 pm »
I wondered about the dog food but he is now on Dr Johns Platinum all in one food, the other Lab has no bad habits but she is of course female!!!!!!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS