Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: chest freezers  (Read 14485 times)

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
Re: chest freezers
« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2012, 07:04:13 pm »
Rockstar,
Mine has been specifically bought for my 2 porkers. I have only ever seen the amount of meat in pics on here as these are my first so its a bit of guesswork but I expect to have a fair bit of room left. I intend to decommission another small freezer (under the counter size) I have in the garage and put the contents of that in there as well and still think there may be a bit more room.

Not sure if this helps or not
Sally
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

NormandyMary

• Joined Apr 2011
« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2012, 07:04:56 pm »
Its only a years warranty. For 3 years it costs £99. I didn't go for that option.

I like the Beko because it has the freezer guard and will be ok down to -15 degrees
Sally
I bought a Beko dishwasher last year when my Bosch one died. I have to say, hand on heart that the Beko is MUCH better than the Bosch ever was. I'd never have any qualms about getting that brand again for white goods.

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2012, 07:06:30 pm »
Thats nice to know NM, thanks
Sally
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

rockstar

• Joined Jan 2012
  • powys
« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2012, 08:08:56 pm »
Thanks sally (bionic)

princesspiggy

« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2012, 09:58:57 pm »
i find a porker comes in 2 "bakery" trays and a lamb in 2 carrier bags. 2 pigs and a lamb should fit a big domestic chest freezer.

Bumblebear

• Joined Jun 2012
  • Norfolk
    • http://southwellski.blogspot.co.uk/
« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2012, 10:02:21 am »
I wrote up how I got on with Whirlpool and Miele here:
http://www.accidentalsmallholder.net/forum/index.php?topic=17302.msg164351#msg164351

That link took me to something about labelling  :-\ ....I also need a freezer for 2 x pigs and 2 x lambs...it will be in the utility so no issue with freezing outside, it's just the volume that's beyond my comprehension!

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2012, 10:30:03 am »
Bumblebear, the link had additional information about the freezer ambient temperature operating range stuff - a lot of freezers aren't warranted to operate correctly at temperatures below 10C.

Sorry if we've gone astray from your original query somewhat.

There is a thread somewhere did all the capacity-in-pigs-bodies of uprights-versus-chest freezers... sorry don't have time to search for it right now.
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Bumblebear

• Joined Jun 2012
  • Norfolk
    • http://southwellski.blogspot.co.uk/
« Reply #37 on: July 28, 2012, 01:26:58 pm »
Ahhh, as long as it wasn't me going mad ;)  Thank you - I'm off to search now.....

princesspiggy

« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2012, 02:00:23 pm »
iv 5 fully grown hebrideans in my chest freezer, its not huge and there is still space. they r in quarters so if they were butchered up properly could have got 6 or  in it.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS